Sign in to follow this  
Steve Walton

The Doctor has a MK5 2.3 for sale.

I'd best go buy a litre of whisky for the duration of reading one of his listings then....

Edit:  I see there seems to be a good amount of bidding even within a couple of hours of it starting.  A cynic might suspect friends shill bidding to inflate the price.

I was never aware that Ford Diamond Cut and Painted the Recesses White in Ghia Alloy Wheels, But maybe they knew that this MK5 would eventually end up in the care of the Doctor. :rofl:

I have seen quite a few Ghia Alloy wheels in my time and I have never seen a diamond Cut One.

I own two Ghias, and neither has diamond cut alloys, but they will have, and l wouldn't have thought they were painted white, but l have been wrong on several occasions. Local engineering company allows me to use there big lathe to do my own diamond cutting, l have done them before by hand, 600, 1000, 2000, 4000 foam polishing mop and G10, takes forever.

The Ghia in question does look a fine example, reserve is less than £10k, so £9999.99 buys it.

I wonder why there are no underbody shots or cross member or rear axle shots, those are the areas l would be looking at, because they are very time consuming to restore.

Want see Sherpa van he got,never seen one that good reminds me when 16 in 1981 on yts going around Lake District painting oil tanks central heating ones and painting out door youth centre 5 us rattling around in back on bench seats,all for £25 week,give my mum tenner go sat blow lot,were days 

14 hours ago, Steve Walton said:

I was never aware that Ford Diamond Cut and Painted the Recesses White in Ghia Alloy Wheels, But maybe they knew that this MK5 would eventually end up in the care of the Doctor. :rofl:

I have seen quite a few Ghia Alloy wheels in my time and I have never seen a diamond Cut One.

I had it in my head that the recessed bits were "dove grey" in colour.....same as RS 4-spokes?

Anyone?...………..

Here you all are, hadn't noticed there was already a thread started.

Correct John, the backs of the wheels, the centres and the recessed bits were all a light grey colour, they were never white.  If the Doc's car has shiny wheels with white bits it's going to look more like a pimp mobile than a Cortina.  Unfortunately with his over enhanced pics you can't really tell what colour they are.

He's obviously been in such a hurry to put all the empty aerosol cans away when he finished painting the boot lid that he's forgotten to stick the Ford badge back on, either that it's fallen off :rofl:.  And the Cortina badge spacing is all wrong too.  Think the Doc needs to spend less time waffling and more time on attention to detail :laugh:

And I've been after one of these for years .... See my additional "topic" ? :wine:

How do you know it is a S, shocks will be long gone, what other features would or should it have?

6 hours ago, John Mack said:

I had it in my head that the recessed bits were "dove grey" in colour.....same as RS 4-spokes?

Anyone?...………..

That is what l would have thought, a lot of people paint RS alloys black, which is incorrect.

Ghia badges missing from the wings and is that rust on the nearside rear inside arch !!!!, I still like it, but you can't really tell how good the gutter trim is, because of his pictures.

5 hours ago, RT 1006 said:

Unfortunately with his over enhanced pics you can't really tell what colour they are.

It is a shame really, proper pictures would attract proper interest?  Some car dealers show great pictures that WILL sell a car, I myself have bought cars  without actually seeing the car in the flesh/metal...………..the Doc's pictures look good as art-work, but I suspect they're not a true perspective of the actual item for sale?

Nope they were never diamond cut, plus those rear badges have been off at some point and not put back on correctly, and where is the Ford Badge on the right hand side of the boot lid?

Peter Simpsons was the best example of Mk5 2.0 Ghia ive seen