Sign in to follow this  
Steve Walton

The Doctor has a MK5 2.3 for sale.

1 hour ago, RT 1006 said:

Here's one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cortina-2-0-Ghia-Auto/332990706529?hash=item4d87caf361:g:FykAAOSwliFcK6Bk but looking at the MOT history I'd make sure you give it a right good going over first.

A better ad than the Doc's maybe?!

Nice looking car, I personally wouldn't let the MOT history put me off....but it does give you an idea as to what bits of the car need a thorough inspection.

49 minutes ago, John Mack said:

A better ad than the Doc's maybe?!

Nice looking car, I personally wouldn't let the MOT history put me off....but it does give you an idea as to what bits of the car need a thorough inspection.

Much more honest pictures than the Doc's, at least you can actually see the car :laugh:

The MOT history doesn't necessarily make it a bad car, it depends on the quality of the repairs.  That's why if I were Taz I'd want to go and see the car in the flesh rather than relying on someone else's opinion (the seller's) otherwise it could end in tears.  

MOT history is also to some extent the opinion of the tester on the day. It NEVER fails to amaze me the number of cars that can pass an MOT one year, with no or few advisories. Then get bombed out of sight on what seems like numerous issues, only a few miles and months later ? :wine:

Above is very true, l always try to get on with my MOT tester, and he knows that l will straight away ie the same day put anything that was advisory to good, so nearly always no advisories,  but there is garage that unless l am really desperate for a MOT, l avoid, a good decent car would get probably 5 advisories, just to cover his ar*e, but VOSA are becoming a nightmare apparently.

Edited by GhiaMk4/5
Didn't make sense.

Yes it's good to have a friendly relationship with the local MOT "place" especially if like a lot of us on here you have several cars that need testing during the "year". I find the usual pre-checks are valuable, Lights, lighting dead easy, no excuse for a duff bulb. I usually clean and hoover the car out too giving the car a cared for look (not that it isn't anyway) . The tester doesn't want to see decay and neglect .... BTW the doctors car, now has an MOT. ! :wine:

Well it has apparently sold for £10000, I wonder how long it will be before the relisting?

The Doc paid £3500 for it a couple of months ago so if it does turn out to be a genuine sale then that's a good return on his money for a quick tidy up and pain here and there.

Mmmm, I have a feeling it has sold to a "Friend" of the Doc.:sofa1:

Can I ask How you know the history RT1006 i.e the £3500 purchase price?

Steve

40 minutes ago, Steve Walton said:

Mmmm, I have a feeling it has sold to a "Friend" of the Doc.:sofa1:

Can I ask How you know the history RT1006 i.e the £3500 purchase price?

Steve

I remember seeing it on the Bay a couple of months ago Steve and it's also been subject of discussion on another site as well.  The Doc is quite clever and makes sure 60 days has passed before he sells it on so that it doesn't come up in Ebay completed listings.  He's probably spent about £1500 tidying it up so it stands him £5k which I would say is about its value and that's likely what the under bidder thought as well when it was up on the Bay the last time.  It probably is a genuine bidder, they just haven't been to see the car in the flesh and when they do it'll probably not be quite as they expected.:smile: 

Hi,

I saw the Left Hooker Sherpa and I must say apart from all the Silicone lavished on it, it looked a real proper thing but at £15k not for me.

Steve

On 1/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, Taz said:

Im still looking for a mk5 Ghia Auto while we are on the subject but not paying 10k for one 😱

Have a look at Wayne Michael Gethings one over on the Cortina mk4&5 fanatics site on Facebook. Top spec and very nice indeed.

2 hours ago, FKLGLS said:

Have a look at Wayne Michael Gethings one over on the Cortina mk4&5 fanatics site on Facebook. Top spec and very nice indeed.

And I think he is going to sell too.

I read that he wants a Capri instead so would be putting it up for sale.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, FKLGLS said:

I have detailed pictures of this car as a friend was going to buy it off the original owner and I very much doubt its an unwelded car 

On 1/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, FKLGLS said:

Ps I'm Wayne Michael Gething and my 2.3 ghia maybe for sale for the right price 

IMG_20181122_133035.jpg