dgo

If you need another excuse to save our cars

Just seen the UK DFT will apply compulsory speed limiters to all new cars from 2022.  Not sure about others on here but I really don't want to be controlled by computer:  BBC Link

Edited by dgo

Cars will be pretty close to driving themselves by then anyway, so I'll probably hold off getting a new car until I can just sit in the passenger and read the paper whilst it takes me home.

I can see my bus pass getting a lot of use in the future!

I think self driving cars are further off than people think. (Or at least they should be) Scope for programming mistakes is enormous. Can't even control the altitude of a Boeing 737Max jet properly and that is only in 1 axis. Sounds simple doesn't it. Very little to hit up there.

I don't think the sports car makers will find putting a 70mph limiter on there cars very appealing  , A 70mph Jaguar F Type ? I don't think so

It is a bit like the Japanese, there cars are speed limited to 118.8mph, a little bit of electrickery and full potential resumed, there can't be many roads left where you can have a good blast, without loosing your license.