Sign in to follow this  
TIB3300

Help navigating the new forum "Searching"

11 hours ago, waltermk3 said:

Agree with Tibbs. It was better before. Don't mind change if it is for the better. Not for the sake of it

What di I do? :unsure:

:wink:

19 hours ago, Neil. said:

Unfortunately we don't get a lot of choice in regards to upgrading the forum, if you leave it as an older version you risk being hacked as any security holes may become widely publicised on the dark web. I don't like doing it either as the database is very large and it takes a few of days planning & testing to do. 

This version of the forum is probably the most configurable for both user & admin, and also works on mobile phones, which until this version it didn't very well. Most of our traffic is via mobile these days.

It was my fault the search wasn't working well, as I wasn't aware of the option to disallow certain member groups being searched. It is now turned on so much easier to find a member.

If you ever come across anything you think should work and doesn't, then please let me know & I'll look into it.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Neil

I am very grateful for the work you do on here Neil . I just find this latest version harder to do things on , it's just me I am sure . I will have another look at the members search function 👍

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2020 at 7:20 AM, TIB3300 said:

Said that the forum was easier before

On 6/10/2020 at 7:20 AM, TIB3300 said:

Don't worry Tony ,according to the date you haven't posted that until September/October ,but if it is you posting from the future can you get me some lottery results and i will settle up with you in the future :biggrin:

PS,please PM them to me ,or everyone will win and there will be no big jackpot.

(its on American format isn't it)