MikeC

Are all mk2 steering boxes the same?

Are all the mk2,1600e,Gt steering boxes the same or is the E/Gt a different ratio? I have had a look around and cannot find much about it.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:25 PM, MikeC said:

Are all the mk2,1600e,Gt steering boxes the same or is the E/Gt a different ratio? I have had a look around and cannot find much about it.

yes all the same ratio but series 1 and series 2 are slightly different - but interchangeable 

11 hours ago, the-ford-cortina.com said:

yes all the same ratio but series 1 and series 2 are slightly different - but interchangeable 

Out of curiosity what is the slight difference, you never stop learning.:jester: 

I think the only difference is the thread on the nut at the top but there was a special order high ratio box available at the time - its in Ford special equipment catalogue .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mk2sav said:

I think the only difference is the thread on the nut at the top but there was a special order high ratio box available at the time - its in Ford special equipment catalogue .

See I love this site, How would i get a peek in that catalogue:rolleyes:

I got the name slightly wrong - it was called Ford Book of Plus Performance . Mark was going to put it up on his Lotus website as a PDF but I don't think hes done it yet . Steve.