dmc

C3 PINTO AUTOBOX

OK....I won't offer it to someone else but...

I do need it gone in a reasonable time.

42 minutes ago, cactus said:

OK....I won't offer it to someone else but...

I do need it gone in a reasonable time.

Thanks that's good of you 👍 I will endeavour to get sorted ASAP on it. 

Cheers 

Never use the integral trans cooler in radiators, instal a separate trans cooler.

I worked in a transmission shop for a while and the amount of failed trans cooler/rads was shocking.

when the engine coolant gets into the trans oil the auto box needs a rebuild, it’s just not worth the risk.

• Thanks 1

Good shout, l had the above problem on an Audi, nightmare, probably fails when the car is out of warranty, mine was anyway, fixed it at great expense and got rid of it.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:50 AM, Captain Scarlet said:

Never use the integral trans cooler in radiators, instal a separate trans cooler.

I worked in a transmission shop for a while and the amount of failed trans cooler/rads was shocking.

when the engine coolant gets into the trans oil the auto box needs a rebuild, it’s just not worth the risk.

Good advice there. Having purchased a Capri several weeks back, the radiator burst open on the M6. The integral radiators are rare to come by. And the combination did not appeal to me. I have installed a standard rad and an oil cooler.