Brrrrm83

Uk registration number help.

Hi. I’m a newbie from New Zealand. 

My 63 mk1 Lotus was imported used many years and a few owners ago. 

Im very keen to learn what it’s registration number may have been in the UK but only have a chassis number. 

Is this possible. I expect it left the uk well before digitisation. 

Any help much appreciated. 

Cheers 

Any English service history with the car ?

3 hours ago, Beeper said:

The DVLA at Swansea are the only people who could really help I imagine.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla

New GDPR regs means you wont get diddly squat out of them anymore, unless its an accident with a crime number.

Is the first keeper/owner in New Zealand traceable, he may have personally imported it and will hold a lot of information, but l am sure you have thought of that.  Join the LCR, sometimes depending on whom you get to speak to at DVLA, they may be able to help you just with the chassis number, but l wouldn't hold much hope on that one.

As always pictures of your car are compulsory.

Kenbex is correct. The EU greatly increased data protection laws some years back and the DVLA seem to take it to the next level. When I bought my P100 it had no V5 and plate was missing and the owner had no clue what it was as it had been used on private land for many years. DVLA said they couldn't give me the plate for 'data protection' reasons. Not sure who's data as I owned the car. I do data protection courses at work and don't believe DVLA's stance is correct but that's how they are. I had to go through VOSA who talked to DVLA and I finally got the REG. Not sure that will help you though.

Contact Marc Gimmel at the Mk1 Cortina owners club, He runs the club register and may be able to trace your car from the chassis number, Also the LCR may have details 

Thanks guys. And for the DVLA link. I’ll write a nice hand written letter and see what happens. 

Heres my car. Just had a new 1/4. And painting at home. . Cheers 

FAFCBCD8-71DB-4313-B5C7-881632E8B411.jpeg

Looks to be in capable hands, if you have the time, start a restoration post in Members Cars.

I agree, get a resto thread up for us to drool over.