Sign in to follow this  
steve&lynette

Genuine ford ohc oil filter wanted

Go into a Ford parts dept and ask for an EFL90.

That's not a bad price, compared to some sellers, just don't fit Fram, and l thought they were meant to be good filters!! Think they have been costed and skimped on the most important bit, the element quality.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:12 PM, GhiaMk4/5 said:

...........just don't fit Fram, and l thought they were meant to be good filters!! Think they have been costed and skimped on the most important bit, the element quality.

I've not bought a Fram filter for a couple of years but never had an issue with them, what's the problem with them?

1 hour ago, John Mack said:

I've not bought a Fram filter for a couple of years but never had an issue with them, what's the problem with them?

There's a few videos about, showing what is in them, or in the case of Fram,  what isn't in them, think they are still relying on there name to sell themselves, my relation has an artic lorry body full of the good old Fram filters which are really top quality, the new ones are made possibly in China.

23 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

There's a few videos about, showing what is in them, or in the case of Fram,  what isn't in them, think they are still relying on there name to sell themselves, my relation has an artic lorry body full of the good old Fram filters which are really top quality, the new ones are made possibly in China.

I've just checked out a Fram v's Wix video :ph34r:

2 hours ago, John Mack said:

I've just checked out a Fram v's Wix video :ph34r:

What did it say about Wix,  good or bad ?

8 hours ago, D-FENS said:

What did it say about Wix,  good or bad ?

Very good.  

The place I used to get Fram filters stopped selling them, instead they started selling Wix.  I was sceptical because I hadn't heard of them but turns out they've been on the go for a while.

Wix are very good, Maccess, are a trade car parts supplier that have been stocking these for 15 years or so now. Just wouldn't look right under the bonnet of a nice Cortina though!!

Most respected brands now days have been sold off to cheap manufacturers who sell tat off the back of once respected brands