Sign in to follow this  
Grahamkay

Vin decoder question

Hello can anyone decode my vin it dont seem to work on the decoder here I think because it's a lhd and from france , I need to get it registered here in the uk , but I've no paperwork, i dont know how long it's been in the uk , i dont know anything , oh it's a cortina mk4 2 door thanks

Send me a pic of plate

can you decode my vin plate, my cortina is regesterd 16/5/79 which makes it over 40 years old to date but they tell me i have still have to wait until may 20/20 before it becomes hystoric is there any chance that i can get a build date for my cortina just in case it was lying about be fore it was regesterd.....Chris

The crafty Herbert's( putting it politely ) say it has to be "OVER" 40 years old so it will qualify next year.

Edited by sheffieldcortinacentre

On 11/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, Grahamkay said:

Hello can anyone decode my vin it dont seem to work on the decoder here I think because it's a lhd and from france , I need to get it registered here in the uk , but I've no paperwork, i dont know how long it's been in the uk , i dont know anything , oh it's a cortina mk4 2 door thanks

I have sent you a PM