graham s

Cortina mk3 help

My 2L pinto has always been good starter until last few months, starts well from  cold it’s when it’s up to temp it won’t start again until it cools.It turns over normally just won’t start. It is fitted with electronic ignition. Any ideas ?

When did you last clean out/service your carb?

Had new service kit less than 2 years ago

It could be a faulty ignition coil. I have experienced a similar problem (on a mk1 Fiesta). Eventually, it conked out completely, fortunately about 50 yards from home!

Cheers Tigdlo I’m no mechanic, I was thinking either carb or coil. I am off out now to make sure choke flaps are operating correctly 

If autochoke check they open from the car getting warm. Lack of water in the pipe through the carb can cause a problem

Also check the pipes around the manifold for air leaks including the dizzy end of the vacuum advance pipe

• Like 1

Ended up wouldn’t start at all no spark spoke to accuspark who were really helpful turned out the electronic ignition failed and a new module sorted it.