chris mk3

coming back...........................

Probably had wrong starter gear, the inertia type had a 9 & 10 tooth version & must be fitted with the correct ring gear ( two different amounts of teeth dunno number but was a common fault back on the day).

• Like 1

Yes its been reet chewed up on two sides

Hat tip that body is looking really solid ,it's good to see another XL getting restored 👍

• Like 1

Good work on the door Chris, flywheel looks a little worn !!!!

Cheers lads, yes the flywheels been attacked, like Craig said maybe the wrong starter gear, bit more done today, finished a little welding on the quarter, then little skim of P40 over the welds, then the filling/blending task which i quite enjoy, its going to be hard to get the wheel arch flare right, im pretty sure the rears dont flare out as much as the fronts.

Trial fitted the secondhand new wing, fits a treat, im leaving it on as its inspiring me to keep pushing on

SAM_6692.JPG

SAM_6691.JPG

SAM_6690.JPG

SAM_6689.JPG

SAM_6483.JPG

Edited by chris mk3
  • Like 2

Great progress, it is good to look back at where you started from, fantastic work.

• Like 1

There's no stopping you, looking brill!!

• Like 1

That looks good not sure about the colour coded door handles though?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pete-H said:

That looks good not sure about the colour coded door handles though?

:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, John Mack said:

:laugh:

I don’t know I like satin black on the handles and round window frames 

chrome so 70’s:laugh:

Brilliant work.

Is it painted yet, not taking the pee, having seen the speed you work at !!!!

1 hour ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

Is it painted yet, not taking the pee, having seen the speed you work at !!!!

Could be on the road !!

• Like 1

Hi guys, not to dwell, getting a divorce,( 14 years was a good effort!) so Cortinas back at my moms ,hence no updates .

Work is still continuing, as nothing will stop the progress on the Cortina, ok news flash over.

Bought a new black Vinyl  roof from Aldridge trimmers, nearly finished the welding, headlamp surrounds to finish and a chassis repair left to do, front panel, and rear valance are now  welded on, ive been etch priming and seam sealing the new welds, next ill be starting on the engine bay, removing surface rust, and general clean up, 5 litres of filler primer bought to throw on the bodywork, this will be done before summer has been and gone, my main concern is to get any bare metal covered, with life being a little in limbo, i have to make sure the Cortina is weather ish proof, incase i lose my current storage, this all adds to my Cortina story, if they can build Spitfires during WW2, i can finish the Cortina  during a little life wobble !

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your hiccup in life, can't live with them and can't live without them, BUT they take some sussing out, mine always thought I would change, I probably have got worse, as you get older you seem to have more disposable income, more parts to buy and more cars!!!!

• Haha 1