chris mk3

coming back...........................

10 hours ago, chris mk3 said:

…….. if they can build Spitfires during WW2, i can finish the Cortina  during a little life wobble !

That's the spirit :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers guys, so many worse things in life eh, anyway,

Started bare metaling the engine bay today its rock solid, battery tray, inner wings all solid, just surface rust, only need to make a couple of repair panels for the headlight surrounds, where they meet the wings.I dont think im many weeks away from throwing the old filler primer on I will get some updated pictures the next time the sun arrives

Bought the  paint today, 5 litres of Ford copper/brown base coat, and 4 litres of gravtex for £210, classic 70s colour, im pleased ive finally decided the way to go, engine bay and front inner arches are going to be first on the list, cant wait to get some colour and seal the bare metal.

Picture below was my inspiration , love it

bronze mk3 front.jpg

SAM_6555.JPG

Edited by chris mk3
  • Like 2

Hopefully the ex doesn't want a share of your labour of love, a woman scorned and all that!!!!

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2020 at 10:05 PM, GhiaMk4/5 said:

Sorry to hear about your hiccup in life, can't live with them and can't live without them, BUT they take some sussing out, mine always thought I would change, I probably have got worse, as you get older you seem to have more disposable income, more parts to buy and more cars!!!!

Do live with my wiff :headscratch:

Thanks for the update , keep your chin up MR :thumbsup:

Lots more women out there , not so many Cortina's though  :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, chris mk3 said:

Bought the  paint today, 5 litres of Ford copper/brown base coat, and 4 litres of gravtex for £210, classic 70s colour, im pleased ive finally decided the way to go, engine bay and front inner arches are going to be first on the list, cant wait to get some colour and seal the bare metal.

Picture below was my inspiration , love it

bronze mk3 front.jpg

SAM_6555.JPG

Mitch's old mk3 in copper brown ?

Yes, life has a nasty habit of throwing you these curve balls, right?

I had been in a similar situation and the cheating b*#ch took me for everything she could, like it was my fault!  But the Cortina was hidden away and stayed safe.

I say good luck with your journey and hang on to what you can. 

Anyway.... Great choice. I LOVE Copper Brown. And that one belonging to Mitch (or whoever has it now) looks tasty. I've preferred to keep mine standard spec but the wheels and the lowering on that one are just nice 😎  I'd be tempted to do the same. 

20 hours ago, Paul B said:

Yes, life has a nasty habit of throwing you these curve balls, right?

I had been in a similar situation and the cheating b*#ch took me for everything she could, like it was my fault!  But the Cortina was hidden away and stayed safe.

I say good luck with your journey and hang on to what you can. 

Anyway.... Great choice. I LOVE Copper Brown. And that one belonging to Mitch (or whoever has it now) looks tasty. I've preferred to keep mine standard spec but the wheels and the lowering on that one are just nice 😎  I'd be tempted to do the same. 

Mitch sold it in to Ireland/Dublin I believe  a good few years back.

8 hours ago, Donncha said:

There have been a lot of very nice cars go over to Ireland in recent years . It would be interesting to go over for a show and see them .

Thanks for the comments guys, its a cloudy time, but clouds pass eh,( Paul Bs sounds alot worse, poor bloke),  but the right thing to do, im quite touched by you petrol heads on this.

But onto better things yes the old knacker is coming on a treat, and im pleased with the colour choice, i know mates will be like, why you painted it that f++kin colour, but if they do i know it looks right ! Its so good to have the Cortina to focus on, Sundays the next bodywork shift ! have a good weekend guys, peace out

Tibbs lol yes the Cortinas are defiantly the harder catch, once youve cut the rust out there much easier than the birds! 

Edited by chris mk3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Donncha said:

Hmm... Well I'm over here but I've not seen it... yet.

Well done Chris, that's a lot of work done in a short time. I've not been on here for ages so nearly missed all this.  I doubt to many people would have taken that on so well done and good work there too :winner_first_h4h:  Love the colour choice, I'd always fancied one in that colour but always seem to end up with blue ones :biggrin:

Cheers,

todays graft, lots n lots of filler primer threw on, really please with my arch repairs, should take much now to blend them, thought id get the new vinyl roof out to let it unfold in the sun, ended up throwing that on to !, I was in the mood and i guess it payed off,  heatproof spray glue nearly 3 tins, i will mask up the roof now to keep it nice, i know its a little backward but the time was right, enjoy the pics Cortina land,

SAM_6700.JPG

SAM_6694.JPG

SAM_6702.JPG

SAM_6708.JPG

SAM_6706.JPG

SAM_6704.JPG

SAM_6715.JPG

SAM_6716.JPG

SAM_6719.JPG

SAM_6721.JPG

• Like 3

Great progress, the roof looks ace!