chris mk3

coming back...........................

Cheers for replys, if i did a video on fitting the vinyl roof it would have gone wrong , guaranteed 

Yes mate get the sanding blocks moving, i bought a 9" one really made a difference for the larger panels/repairs.

Should be painting the door shuts tomorrow, weather pending, either way ill be doing another day on the Cortina, focused, patient, productive, - just what the doctor ordered

SAM_6737.JPG

SAM_6729.JPG

SAM_6725.JPG

SAM_6467.JPG

• Like 1

Used the blocks today, but thought first I had better earn some money, so did one for a customer, turned out perfect, a job for my son, turned out absolutely sh*te, so went back to my Cortina, simple jobs sometimes are a just a nightmare, painted the other side cover, same base coat, same clear, same panel wipe, same drying times!!!!

Start again tomorrow, I keep forgetting to take pics if the GT.

Yours is going to look ace in that colour, where are you going to paint it?

IMG_20200626_122540.jpg

IMG_20200628_135424.jpg

• Sad 1

wwwowowowowowhhoo hang on a minuet here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

March 2020 

SAM_6482.JPG

Last thursday June the 25th 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :blink:  

SAM_6724.JPG

Just 146 days to get here :blink: are you actually sleeping?

:winner_first_h4h: 

• Thanks 1

Love the colour, that's going to look very very smart when it's completed

• Like 1

Fantastic progress in a very short time, looking forward to the next update.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for replys, yes ive done little paint jobs before, and they've gone bad, i cannot stand reactions on paint as you never know if youve got the contamination out until you paint again.

I usually paint the cars at home, but in limbo at mo, so a mates going to base coat (Ford copper/brown)and clear coat- he has a body shop, and has quoted me £500!!!!!including supplying the clear coat, so it should look a top job when its done

Doing about two to three full days a week on it Tibbs

• Like 1

That's a good price for a paint job, but you have done the graft, who do you use for paint supplies your way, the ones around this end aren't up to much, but I did come across a new supplier today who seems to talk the talk, well he got his fist challenge off me today, see what he comes up with tomorrow, have you a date for paint??

• Like 1

NRP Nuneaton are the boys for paint, i use Jawell paints aswell, no date for paint, theres still so much to prep, defiantly this year, and hopefully before the weather turns 

• Like 1

looking good Chris, I do love the colour too.. :winner_first_h4h:

Edited by Mk3GXL
  • Thanks 1

Just painted a car with my old Devilbiss 1.4 suction spray gun, the finish out of the gun is like glass, now the man's friend paints and he can't believe that is the gun I used, I sometimes wonder why I use HVLP guns, normally get at least a bit of orange peel!!!!

Oh and my new man failed miserably at getting a colour right for me, he blamed it on his son that mixed the paint!!! If I painted regularly, I would have my own set of tints and scales.

Edited by GhiaMk4/5
  • Thanks 1

Yes i always preferred my old suction Devlibiss gun, to the gravity ones, once youve tickled it and set it up you can really throw the paint on, i always used to mix the paint to thick, once i added 10-20% thinners the paint would flow lovely, i have got really cheeky before now and sprayed a final coat of nearly all thinners, dangerous but did look like glass, off the gun.

My old Mini was the last car i painted .....

thumbnail_mini prepre prep.jpg

mini at j 3.jpg

Edited by chris mk3
  • Like 3