chris mk3

coming back...........................

6 hours ago, chris mk3 said:

No worries, lovely solid Mk3 you have there, where in NZ are you??

Im in auckland. ive got it down to a shell now and in the process of stripping, no too bad on the rust front.

Ill start a thread for it, hoping to have lots of progress over the next few months

• Like 1

Still welding, ski slope made for the n/s B post, and had a few coats of etch primer, end of report.

SAM_6615.JPG

SAM_6582.JPG

Edited by chris mk3
  • Like 1

You might have trouble closing the bonnet with that flashy chrome air filter.

• Haha 1

it was a factory extra that lad:biggrin:

Your Mom is good to you.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2020 at 9:40 PM, chris mk3 said:

They look like fibre glass bonded on a  cutting disc, i bought them online, Halfords sell them, there really good, and last well,yep 3 discs today to do all this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-5X-4-Poly-Strip-Disc-Abrasive-Wheel-Paint-Rust-Removal-Clean-Angle-Grinder/283845996242?hash=item42168a2ed2:g:jvEAAOSwjQtelELc

I call them skin shedders :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Sundays cutting, welding tea drinking and generally having a lovely bonding time with the Rustina

SAM_6629.JPG

SAM_6628.JPG

SAM_6622.JPG

SAM_6625.JPG

SAM_6626.JPG

SAM_6634.JPG

• Like 1

Great progress 😎. It is great to see such quick progress, keep up the good work I enjoy the updates.

• Thanks 1

Thanks mate, still lots of welding to tidy up and panels to make up, this lockdown thing is really helping, even though im still at work.

Its starting to take shape and look less like a scraper

• Like 1

Cheers for replys, lots more done, and still lots to weld up, im really looking forward to the filling and blending, but its nice hearing a solid clunk when i close the doors, the sills were a bit of a mare to line up, whats made it easier for me is ive got to replace the lower doors with new steel so i can adjust a little to make the sill gap nice and level to the doors, but not looking to shabby!

SAM_6635.JPG

SAM_6640.JPG

SAM_6639.JPG

SAM_6638.JPG

SAM_6636.JPG

SAM_6635.JPG

SAM_6464.JPG

Edited by chris mk3
  • Like 3

Have you joggled or butt welded your arches, l have just spent a full day doing a door repair, so l know there's some hours work there!!! Looking very solid now, excellent.

Hi mate , ive slid the arch under the original panel then welded , done spots all over the arch  to keep the heat from warping the panel, i did this in the past and it took way to much filler for my liking to get back into shape

• Like 1

Looking good Chris you may have her in paint by the time the lock down ends or eases.

• Thanks 1

wow chris.......well busy boy there mate...... been thinking about getting my mk1 tranny work on hear.....

• Thanks 1