chris mk3

coming back...........................

I love mk1 Trannys, and the vans are nice to ! aha, but yes get it on here for definate 

think i have post some in past cris....its been a while since ive been on here..... need to load up the clean up pics im doing on the van....and drag up my old post.... not gonna poach your thread chris.... 

love what yr doing......iv just looked back on ya mk3...nice to see people who like a challenge... keep it up cris:smashcomp:  

Screenshot_20180915-203132_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20180915-164049_eBay.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love that didnt know it was a camper always ask me if you ever sell that 

Great work Chris,looks nice & solid now :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Cheers Deano, yes shes turned a corner now, feels good to keep these cars alive, im slowly realizing they wont be around for ever, gotta be another 50 years left in this when its done 

Ill be able to get it  around to our house soon, as ive been working on it at my moms, so ill have the compressor to bead blast behind where the front panel and rear valance goes , then weld on the new panels, i think the first job will be to get the engine out, and send off the cradle/subframe to the powder coaters, finish the welding and start to bare metal the underside, and engine bay, im going to paint underneath the same color as the body.

SAM_6642.JPG

SAM_6617.JPG

• Like 2

Looking good and a lot more solid now. Will you be keeping it Royal blue?

• Thanks 1

Sounds like a good plan Chris,i'm having mine blasted when all the welding is finally done & i'm also having mine painted body colour underneath.

Cheers Cortina nuts, 

No mate im changing the color, but im a nightmare for changing my mind, at the moment copper/bronze is top of the list, Ive considered doing it a random color, but i feel due to the age of Cortinas nowadays itd be best to keep it an original 70s Ford color.

Sliced the bottom of the doors off today , bare metalled the boor floor and doors, flicked over some etch primer 

burnt orange mk3.jpg

Edited by chris mk3

10 hours ago, chris mk3 said:

……. i feel due to the age of Cortinas nowadays itd be best to keep it an original 70s Ford color.

A good idea :smile:

• Like 1

Cheers John, i think so pal 

• Like 1

Bit more rust cut off the inner door lip, new steel welded in, im going to fit the door and tack weld the new outer repair panel on, hopefully getting a nice door to sill gap, then take it off, reweld and start to prep, skim of P40 then fill n blend, love it !

SAM_6644.JPG

SAM_6646.JPG

• Like 1

Bit more blending done on the n/s door, and a trip to Dudley i bought a really good secondhand o/s drivers steel wing for £80, was suprised how hard it is to get good secondhand wings now, smitten, that was the last panel i needed !

SAM_6651.JPG

SAM_6650.JPG

SAM_6649.JPG

SAM_6648.JPG

• Like 2

Great work on the door. The wing looks a good buy. Great progress 👍

Thanks guys, finally got the Cortina home,cheeky cat nap after work ,and i got the engine out and and then stripped the bottom end, one slight score in no.1 bore, hopefully it  will hone out.

And the reason the Cortina wouldnt turn over? check out the very new looking flywheel. its been chewed up! Funny this is probably why it was parked up in 1991 and was left to rot

SAM_6653.JPG

SAM_6655.JPG

SAM_6658.JPG

SAM_6687.JPG

SAM_6654.JPG

SAM_6688.JPG

Edited by chris mk3