jon-k

32/36 weber copy.

Has anyone used one of the Chinese 32/36 weber copies? I know the purists say only buy genuine, but there's a big price difference between £100 and £300, and it would only be used while i get my weber rebuilt.

I have fitted a 38 degas one  to a 2.3 ford v6 , runs very well, but I did have to increase the size of the idle jets from 50 to 60, to make it idle right.

The rest of the jet setup seems to work ok.

You may have to change the jets, from what is supplied.

I’ve had a few reports of them been of poor quality, bases not flat and jetting is done on a generic basis so may not be jetted correctly for your requirements. One person encountered more carb related running problems then when he started, 4 carbs later bought an original one and got a full overhaul kit from webcon. Problems sorted.

Edited by Colr6

Hi Gang.

I bought one of these sherryberg 32/36dgv carbs and the only prob I am having is setting up the primary idle jet.

Apart from that I don't have a problem.

I also was told to steer clear of these carbs but I think they are ok..

PS  The choke is a bit Micky mouse but if you stick at it you'll get it right..

Regards Mouse..

Well i've bought one now to try on my mk3 while i rebuild the weber one that's on. I've got a full rebuild kit and power valve diaphragm to fit as well.

11 hours ago, jonny.k said:

Well i've bought one now to try on my mk3 while i rebuild the weber one that's on. I've got a full rebuild kit and power valve diaphragm to fit as well.

Hi.

There were a few issues I had with mine-The fuel inlet on the float chamber leaked as they used aluminium washers instead of copper 

My car has a choke cable and and that was a bit of a faf .

The other prob was the primary mixture jet-but after trying  a 60 then a 50 and then a 45 -to get the right number of turns out on the mixture screw

I settled for a 50.

All engines are different so it's trial & error i'm afraid.

Let me know how you get on..

I personally think that Sheryberg make Weber carbs coz everything from a weber is a perfect fit.

Regards Mouse..

PS I'll send you pics of mine when I can I can work how to do it..

Well i fitted mine and what a waste of money. It runs like a pile of ., that's when i can get it running and keep it running. It's jetted way too rich and is choking up.