Sign in to follow this  
nixzy

Mk3 cortina pfl tie bar bushes

Hi all, I am looking for some new tie bar bushes ( arm that adjusts the front caster )  on my mk3 pfl and I can’t seem to find much online for the early cars only the later mk3-4-5 there are flo flex ones I have found but reviews aren’t great and I have cone across super flex ones on the burton website but they look completely differant https://www.burtonpower.com/front-strut-bar-oval-hole-in-subframe-set-cortina-3-gran1-sf0590kss.html

any help would be much appreciated thanks

Yep correct ones but more than likely cheaper from other sources rally design or direct from manufacturers.

You need to re adust the nuts due to the shape of poly ones.

Original bushes are very hard to find.

Edited by sheffieldcortinacentre

So the ones I have linked are the right ones for my application? The old ones are riveted or similar to the subframe the poly ones are just a standard bush? If they are I will look at rally design thanks heaps

Yes the centre of the bush is oval shaped to engage in the subframe.

thanks I have one more question, since this bush isn’t mounted and only pressed in ( as a guess) how does it go with the caster adjustment as from what I can tell it will have a nut and washer each side of bush but if there was force onto the bush couldn’t it move in the subframe? Sorry might be a silly question

No it'll be obvious once you get them. But as I said you'll need to readjust the settings again it will be obvious why.

To get a rough guide measure the wheelbase .

Cool as thanks heaps I will order the bushes