Sign in to follow this  
Cortina1975

Cortina 1.6 XL

On 8/3/2020 at 12:45 AM, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

They sit in the u section before the rubber Chanel goes on.

On the diagonal part near the top theres a rivet on the frt door.

Been off Cortina duty repointing the house but its good to be back.

Thanks Sir Craig.:cheers:..I presume the clip go in this hole. Might leave them off as they are crusty and seems okay without

20200827_231752.jpg

Fitted my new Chinese wireless in the dash tonight. It was £15 on ebay so wasnt expecting much but it's actually okay!. Handy to be able to blueteeth music from the phone and FM reception is good. Bit of wire around the screen rubber for an aerial seems to work fine. Original plan was to put it in the glovebox and fit an old Ford radio but its got a period look to it..

I had to grind down the din facia slightly so it fits snugly in the Cortina dash. 

20200827_203254.jpg

20200827_203819.jpg

Looks the part for £15.00,  wouldn't look out of place in a MK1, or any 60s, 70s, 80s car.

11 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

Looks the part for £15.00,  wouldn't look out of place in a MK1, or any 60s, 70s, 80s car.

It's  value for money.  I like the fact the case is only 2 inches deep and its  light as a cork so can be supported by just the dash binnnacle.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Car-Radio-Bluetooth-Stereo-Player-MP3-USB-SD-AUX-FM-In-dash-Head-Unit-UK/373119166940?hash=item56dfa2a9dc:g:cswAAOSwTAhesSRh

Fitting the new old stock  Lucas H4's today.  Needed a bit of heat to get the old mounting blocks off and a hole needed opening out slightly.

20200829_115926.jpg

Nice looking radio. Hopefully it will be better than the German one I bought for my Fiesta  years back. I could only find about 2 stations on it and the tape deck was dire. You could hardly hear it! That's why I bought a second hand PYE for my 'tina.

As for the clip for the glass, mine just fit into the door then they're held in place by the rubber. No rivets that I know of to hold them in situe. Also mine are nearer the top corner of the door surround.

I'm liking the headlights, I could do with a new pair but not desperate for them as of yet.

Edited by Beeper

It's only really the 2drs that need them to stop the glass being sucked out when you wind them up at hi speed.

Edited by sheffieldcortinacentre
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

It's only really the 2drs that need them to stop the glass being sucked out when you wind them up at hi speed.

So the lesson is to wind them up slowly. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Exactly.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 4:14 PM, Beeper said:

Nice looking radio. Hopefully it will be better than the German one I bought for my Fiesta  years back. I could only find about 2 stations on it and the tape deck was dire. You could hardly hear it! That's why I bought a second hand PYE for my 'tina.

As for the clip for the glass, mine just fit into the door then they're held in place by the rubber. No rivets that I know of to hold them in situe. Also mine are nearer the top corner of the door surround.

I'm liking the headlights, I could do with a new pair but not desperate for them as of yet.

Thanks Beeper. I couldn't get a decent sound out of the MW Ford radio so it had to go. It's a bit bright at night but can live with that! Will try the clip without rivets👍. With new halogen bulbs the lights are better than my Renault megane.. didnt realise the old Lucas lamps had got so dull.

20200910_191248.jpg

20200829_234524.jpg

20200829_234230.jpg

Edited by Cortina1975

Hi all, just a quick question..does anyone know how the heater control panel is illuminated?, thanks all

One panel light bulb behind the actual panel.

4 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

One panel light bulb behind the actual panel.

Thanks ghia, found the blown bulb  I think it's a T5 1.2watt sort although some the same size are 2.3w. 

Comrades, any tips on fitting the boot lock appreciated. How do you fit the retaining clip without a miniature brass hand?. Thanks 

20200917_223835.jpg

Put it on the barrel and just push the lock in , make sure the tabs are facing boot lid

Edited by J2S