consul315

Would you brake a 10/62 MK1??

i ve recently acquired 2 scrap MK1s, a 10/62 and a very early aeroflow, both cars are beyond econimical repair. i mainly was after the throttlelinkage and the headlamp rings of the early car, and probably some other early "specials" that may appear?

with the current corona situation and the oncoming brexit it´s also impossible to shift to UK and wouldn t make economical sense as well. so what shall i do now - is it a sacrilege to scrap it, what would you do in my case?

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by consul315

Hi Hans,

I think we have all seen worse 2 Door MK1's sold on ebay. Over here worth a fair bit of money.

They must have a value?

If someone was in need of a 2 door shell, I'd think they'd collect

Cat looks in good condition UK models didn't have them as STD.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 10:13 PM, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Cat looks in good condition UK models didn't have them as STD.

yep Craig,  he has developped quite well, though he was very small when i found him by accident abandoned on a b-road mid november 2018-but that would be another story. I was a bit worried, as he was so small and surely would have needed his mother (the day i found him and 3 weeks later):

IMG-20181113-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20181130-WA0000.jpg

Edited by consul315
  • Like 1

@) Steve and John, thx for your reply, but i´m not sure if it´s worth to travel so far for a heap of rust?

2 minutes ago, consul315 said:

@) Steve and John, thx for your reply, but i´m not sure if it´s worth to travel so far for a heap of rust?

What about making the back end into a couch.....then flog it as a masterpiece of retro furniture artwork ?!

He looks great how does he get on with Vasco?

the car on the trailer is a flat back rear panel car with the round gearstick hole so a very early car.

forget the cortinas just rescue cats you must be a animal lover i feed 3 feral cats at work tabbie one keeps getting pregant cat rescue centre are trying catch her,one off the 3 is off spring.

i would not scrap,

especially since there 2 doors

the first of the mk1, that has to be worth something due to age and rarity etc 

like really where would you buy a new one from, you cant

if you can store for a long time, at no cost or little,

keep to even just advertise etc

one mans economical repair is different to another mans economical repair

as said, you cant buy new shells anymore

in saying that all lol, picture 3 - would you sell the alloy trim that runs along the dash in the 62 ? :D seriously pm me please if so

ohh column change and flip bench seat, how cool :d that would fit nicely in my mk1 4 door :D

Edited by drutin

so what did you decide Hans?

defo break it, Dave! since Brexit my stuff has lost dramatically in value and it´s quite hard/uneconomical now to sell common stuff to UK. unfortunately i wasn t able to sell some of my scrappers in 2020 due to health reasons. this one i sent to the scrapyard last week, there would have been surely parts on it i would have removed in the "good old times" (like 2dr rear seat, 2dr glass, straight rear bumper that needs rechroming etc), but now it makes no sense any more!

IMG_3516.JPG

Would I brake one? Only if I wanted to stop. :wink: