9 hours ago, RT 1006 said:

My thoughts exactly, about as trustworthy as the Chinese Government.

Anyway, talking of Muppets I think I'll get over to You Tube (another shady outfit) and see what the Drunk Restorer has been up to as not seen his latest drunken nonsense filled episode yet :Beer:

Talking about you tube, take at look at these, i would love one but come with a hefty price tag :mellow:

9 hours ago, swcortina said:

Evening Tibbs, it's completely different on here now compared to when I joined, a lot quieter, a lot of the old names have disappeared seem like case ache is taking over, although I do use it, I'm not a fan.

Morning Mr :thumbsup:

Yes its a lot quieter, I think people still come on here, but don't post or reply to posts, myself included.

This post seems to be evidence of that. No replys for 24 hours and only got reply after my second post.  Ive had a chats with a few BSC people who post and used to post on here about the lack of input / replys  to peoples builds posts and posts.   My V8 build thread only had three people reply to the last big update "thanks guys"   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup: 

Take a look at Tony's "Beowolfs" MKV Carbodies Restoration.

Not one reply for two months and yes I read it and looked at the link, but didn't post on it. :blush: I think one problem maybe people don't really know what to say . Apart from well done that s great.   Ive been thinking about this for a while.

What maybe good is if there was a an clickarble /  automatic reply in the post you could click that would give notification of who had replied and that you had read it and thanks for posting ?

10 hours ago, btboy said:

Happy summer Mr Tibbs and all! 
Not been on much of late but have plans to improve the cars as and when. 

Happy summer Paul :thumbsup:

Hope your all good, hope to catch up next year :wink:

Hi Tony. 
All ok. Hope you and yours are too?
Shoulder now repaired after big fall from mountain bike last year. I won’t try downhill racing on a mountain bike again! 

Waiting repeat MRI on leg as I’ve some bone die back caused by some sort of trauma. I’m still out on my road bike when I can. 

Got to admit I am guilty of reading posts and not replying a lot of the time, sometimes it's down to time, I have a quick look to see what's new and think I'll reply later and don't get around to it, it's much the same on mtoc. I thought that with a lot of people being at home on furlough that it would have got busier but unfortunately it didn't. 

Edited by swcortina

Hi all , I have a look on here everyday but don't post very often .  As has been already pointed out a lot of the regulars have stopped posting so you get a knock on effect .I use Facebook and there is some great groups/pages on there . 

Hi,i do come on here most days,mainly at night,probably between 7 & 8 ish, i do comment on some posts, but not all, i do read all posts.

I normally comment on any build updates,i do enjoy seeing them, it's good to see what other people are doing.

I update my project when i have any new pics to put on here, thanks to you guys for all the comments, it does feel good knowing you like what i'm doing,gives me a bit more motivation to get more done !!!

I do the same with the mtoc & to be honest, i would say they have also gone a bit quiet.

I do use facebook every day,to be honest,i go on there the most, i am a member of 10 different groups on there,all classic cars & classic Fords & the mtoc, all the pics i put on here of my Cortina,also go on the mtoc & all them groups on fb & i get loads of comments on fb, it does seem that people prefer to use fb, it does have a very large audience.

I will still continue to come on here, i don't have a problem with it or with you guys, so i don't understand why don't use it. 

Sorry for rambling on a bit,i'm now going to carry on watching Starsky & Hutch on 189 Sony channel :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Deano66 said:

…...i'm now going to carry on watching Starsky & Hutch on 189 Sony channel :thumbsup:

:fro:

Perhaps if it was in discussion rather than parts id? You'd get responses.

23 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

I didn't notice that Craig, i just click on 'Unread content' & read whatever i have missed :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Deano66 said:

I didn't notice that Craig, i just click on 'Unread content' & read whatever i have missed :biggrin:

That's what I do so you get to see all unread posts .

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 9:15 PM, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Ah!! you got me on that, as it was a parts I'd post that was no longer needed,  :blush: so I just used it to Say good morning.

But a has been said I don't tend to search individual topics, just search new stuff posted :thumbsup:

" Recently Updated Threads "

Edited by TIB3300

12 hours ago, Kencrackfixer said:

Hi Tibbs

Sorry your missing the love

Morning Ken :thumbsup:

All good with you?

Hi Tibbs,

I am much the same as Deano 66. I look at the forum at least once a day and if I can help anyone out with help or advice I do.

I post requests for help myself and I am always amazed at the wealth of knowledge out there among our members. I also post work carried out on my MK5 and it is easier now that we can post pictures directly on to the site.

I don't do Face Wipe or any other Cprtina forums but I might do in the future. I think the down turn in posts maybe due to people selling there Cortina and moving on and the ageing membership we have.

I think we have a great forum here, So lets all keep it going.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1