Sign in to follow this  
brian grech

Cortina mk3 rear seat belts, any pics please?

I fitted some to mine last year. Not great photos but can try to take better ones if you like. 

DSC_1711.JPG

DSC_1710.JPG

I used a kit that can be used at any angle and mounted the reel up underneath the parcel shelf, bolted through the metal.

DSC_1715.JPG

DSC_1712.JPG

6 hours ago, Paul B said:

I used a kit that can be used at any angle and mounted the reel up underneath the parcel shelf, bolted through the metal.

DSC_1715.JPG

DSC_1712.JPG

Thanks a lot sir great help!!!

No problem.  I just hope the pictures make some kind of sense.

I wasn't sure what to do about the bolt which appears through the top of the plastic parcel shelf. All factory holes I might add. I didn't drill it.

In the end I found something in my kit... A couple of spare seal caps from an Iveco Daily brake caliper 😀  Maybe not the best but it's OK for now, it just loosely lays over the bolt head. 

DSC_1717.JPG

23 minutes ago, Paul B said:

No problem.  I just hope the pictures make some kind of sense.

I wasn't sure what to do about the bolt which appears through the top of the plastic parcel shelf. All factory holes I might add. I didn't drill it.

In the end I found something in my kit... A couple of spare seal caps from an Iveco Daily brake caliper 😀  Maybe not the best but it's OK for now, it just loosely lays over the bolt head. 

DSC_1717.JPG

Yes definately elped and made sense.Thanks

13 hours ago, Deano66 said:

Looks nice & neat :thumbsup:

Thank you 🙂

I should have mentioned before, the reel is mounted up under the metal shelf, passes through a plastic guide and up and over the rear seat. You can just about see it in the final photo. 

The back rest of the seat is packed forward very slightly to give a little space for the belt to slide through.

In all honesty it makes the belt slightly slow to retract (kinda period!) but operates fine the way it's meant to. I could possibly pack it forward a touch more to improve it.

The whole idea for me was that it could all be returned to standard easily if need be and that I could actually take the kids out in it relatively safely.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kencrackfixer said:

Do you mind me asking , where did you get the seat belts from ?

I got them on e-bay. 

I've searched through my purchase history but they're no longer available. 

Leave it with me...I'll do some more digging! 

OK, I've had another search. 

I found the seller I bought them from and then found this....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Universal-3-Point-Inertia-Seatbelt-with-wire-buckle-Car-Van-Coach-/324031038638

Seems like the very same item, same main photo but now has extra diagrams which I never got.

Also, I bought them as a pair. These are listed singly.

Good luck 👍