Sign in to follow this  
TIB3300

Wanted P100 Dash mount hand break linkage parts

Morning All

Am looking for a Cortina P100 handbrake set up /mechanism, I can get the cables its the linkage and pulleys am after

apart from the hand break its self.

If you only have a part of it, thats fine let me know  :thumbsup:

Of course you realise the P100 cable s to long for the car.

You need the second cross member & floor mounts the tube for bulkhead erc

On 7/2/2020 at 9:41 PM, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Of course you realise the P100 cable s to long for the car.

You need the second cross member & floor mounts the tube for bulkhead erc

Cheers , would the front part not fit?

Yep but you need all the bits, you'll need to weld the tube to bulkhead ( similar thing to clutch one) & the adjuster bracket to tunnel, drill both bulkhead & dash to mount handle (different for pre-facelift to facelift & different handle/ mechanism to P100),get the cross member & weld it's mounts to tunnel then get the unique handbrake cable (rare only fitted to preface-lift base/L models for approx first 12 months) in the UK ( MK3/4 bakkies in SA & Australian mk3's with bench seat).

Edited by sheffieldcortinacentre

10 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Yep but you need all the bits, you'll need to weld the tube to bulkhead ( similar thing to clutch one) & the adjuster bracket to tunnel, drill both bulkhead & dash to mount handle (different for pre-facelift to facelift & different handle/ mechanism to P100),get the cross member & weld it's mounts to tunnel then get the unique handbrake cable (rare only fitted to preface-lift base/L models for approx first 12 months) in the UK ( MK3/4 bakkies in SA & Australian mk3's with bench seat).

My cars a face lift, same as MK5s  I  thought using all P100 parts  would be the best way to go.

I have the MK5 P100 dash mout handbreak already, as I am going to have hydrolic clutch, I could use the clutch cable tube ?

10 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Does anyone have a picture of an adjuster bracket to tunnel :thumbsup:

No as it's vertical. Other bracket is a simple L shape with hole to take cable .

Then there's a second crossmember with lever that rear cable attaches to.