Mendonca

Cortina Mk3 GXL 2door for sale

Reluctantly i am selling my pride and joy that i have owned since 1987 but only if i can get a decent price for it. Its a 1972 2 door 1600GXL in immaculate condition. Ive spent a small fortune over the years most recently a professional part restoration and interior retrim all with a photographic record. Its finished in sapphire blue metallic with black trim. It is 99% original apart from 1inch lowered and uprated springs, Ashley exhaust system and Kent Fast Road cam. Its not concourse but not far from it. We all know the pre facelift GXLs are amongst the most sought after and this is one of the better ones out there. I really want this to go to a very good home where it will not be mucked up and customised. And i really do not want to give it away. If i get no interest here i will have to resort to the hit and miss auction fest of ebay. If there is interest we can arrange to swap details to discuss further and i can provide further photographs etc. Ive tried to attach images to this post but the size limit is too restrictive.

Ive tried adding images again but i keep getting the message that im only allowed 160kb. How do i add images that everyone else has been able to !!??? Mystified.....

Good luck with the sale.

I don't think there were ever many 2-door GXL's made. They must be thin on the ground now.

I only ever saw one in the flesh. Sapphire blue too I think. I have a photo of it somewhere. 

I don't suppose the reg is GPP _ _ _ _ is it?

Thanks Paul. That was my car you took a photo of!! I understand Ford only made 400. I only know of three others. 

This is just a photo of my photo, not a proper scan. 

This is the photo I took. Bromley Pageant '93 

_20200709_225454.JPG

Well that takes me back!! The blue seems very pale but i suppose its an older washed out image and a photo of a photo.

what a lovely car!! good luck with the sale

(always enjoyed Bromley, hope i can make it there again next year)

Stunning Car ..you have done her proud 👍

Where did you get the 400 made figure? I've been trying to get a production breakdown for years but never been able to get any better then 2dr,4dr, estate & bakkie figures.

Thanks to fellow Forum member, Seamus, for kindly posting some images of my 2 door GXL. I was struggling to do it on my ageing laptop....

Right ta.

That looks great. 

I'd be keeping that one if it were me.