inthis2getha

Best grease/lubricant for poly bushes?

Hi guys,

Just wondered what grease/lubricant you use when fitting poly bushes? Google search just bring up multiple greases with pros and cons!!
Just wondered what you guys use?
Any help/info would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Ant

Hi,

If you buy Super Flex Bushes they are supplied with assembly lube.

Steve

Thanks guys,

I know silicone grease is recommended but none of the silicone grease I’ve come across actually says anything about polyurethane bushes.....except the little superflex pouches and I want/need a bigger tin/tube really!

Ant

Polyurethane is resistant to most oils unlike rubber, so you can pretty much use any grease on them.

You need something really thick and sticky that coats the surfaces rather than a runny oily grease, as the bushes aren't sealed so a thin greases will just be squeezed out in a short space of time.

Polyurethane has phenomenol wear resistance, so the grease is really just to help with assembly and to prevent sticking and squeaking noises.  If you can get a nice thick teflon based silicone grease, that would be perfect otherwise some other thick grease will do.  Pretty sure Powerflex use copperslip with their bushes, which makes sense as it is very thick and coats things well.

How about CV grease,most of us who do our own repairs have tub of it