Sign in to follow this  
Steve Walton

Looking for a New Club

Hi,

My insurance on the MK5 is due for renewal with Footman James. One of the stipulations is membership of a recognised car club. Now that the MK1 - MK5 club has folded I am looking for a suitable club.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Walton

Is there a local Classic Car Club you could become a member of?    I'm surprised BSC doesn't tick the box, ok it's web based but in this day and age that seems to be the way?

I'll email Footman James and find out what we need to do to be listed as one of their approved clubs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Neil. said:

I'll email Footman James and find out what we need to do to be listed as one of their approved clubs

:thumbsup:

I was on another car forum and lots of us told F##kman James to go ###k themselves because of the price hikes they hit everybody with for no apparent reason. I would recommend RH classic insurance myself. Avoid Adrian F (stick another ucks on the end) also. They hit my credit card almost a full month before renewal and told me that I HAD to be insured even though the car was SORNED. Even if I, quote: dug a hole, put the car in it and covered in concrete I STILL NEED to be insured! :unquote. Also they stick all the little extras on that you don't want like home start, lost key cover, etc etc and then blame the computer!

RH here: https://www.rhclassics.co.uk/

We are with Footman James and they have used BSC as an appropiate club ,when they asked for the membership nos , i told them that we didn't have one and they were happy to continue insuring us

5 hours ago, Kencrackfixer said:

We are with Footman James and they have used BSC as an appropiate club ,when they asked for the membership nos , i told them that we didn't have one and they were happy to continue insuring us

If you need a membership number, all you need to do is go into edit profile & in the URL you'll see just before your name ( e.g Kencrackfixer) an number, this is your membership number.

e.g. https://www.buysellcortina.co.uk/forums/index.php?/profile/14040-kencrackfixer/

yours is 14040

• Thanks 2

I'll see if I can get some sort of club discount, just let me know which insurers your are interested in & I'll see what I can do.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Steve Walton said:

Any suggestions?

I'm with Carole Nash.  (insurer is Zenith Marque)

Policy is for the mk5 with mileage of 2000 per year, TD postcode, legal and breakdown cover included. £126.84

Not sure what you're paying for cover Steve but I think C. Nash is reasonable ?

I have two mk4 2.0 Cortina’s and a 2.8 Granada all on separate 4000 mile policies at around £90 each. None ask if I am in a car club member any longer. I left the Cortina club around 3 years ago after being a member almost from the beginning due to various issues with the club.

23 hours ago, V6Ghia said:

I have two mk4 2.0 Cortina’s and a 2.8 Granada all on separate 4000 mile policies at around £90 each. None ask if I am in a car club member any longer. I left the Cortina club around 3 years ago after being a member almost from the beginning due to various issues with the club.

What company are yours insured with .

5 hours ago, D-FENS said:

What company are yours insured with .

Adrian Flux and Performance direct.I would recommend Performance direct as being the best to deal with.

• Thanks 1

Heard back from Adrian Flux, nothing back from Footman James yet.

It looks like we will be approved with Adrian Flux & it'll earn you between 5% - 15% discount when quoting Buysellcortina depending on the underwriter used.

It'll also entitle you to free legal advice up to £100,000

Got to finalize things first though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great thanks for doing this for us.