Hello.

i am probably buying a 1970 mk2 originally sold in Finland, would the car have been made in uk or were any made elsewhere ,

also it is a deluxe model but has the reinforced strut plates , is this normal for export cars,

thanks. Alan

to my knowledge it should be made in Uk, but you can easily check on the chassis plate. not necessarilx export, but hd x-members were common in finland, sweden and sa etc. good luck with your purchase!

Edited by consul315

On 7/28/2020 at 10:13 AM, gatewright said:

Thanks for reply, will post picture when it arrives

Ditto on the pictures, I have a mk2 export mk2 cortina too.

1 hour ago, gatewright said:

Hello Mike. What have you got and where is it from

It's a 68 2 door Gt, from around the Arizona desert area going by all the sand in it. I have a thread running in members cars titled my Gt shed re-build.

Just had a look, great shell , was you involved in bringing it back from usa or did you get it in uk.

My car is also a 2 door but only a 1600 delux.

On 7/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, gatewright said:

Just had a look, great shell , was you involved in bringing it back from usa or did you get it in uk.

My car is also a 2 door but only a 1600 delux.

A great guy called Brian travels around the states a lot and funds it buy finding motors to bring back and sell periodically. I just got to it first and bought it on the strength of a few photo's and the gamble paid off.

There's still a lot of undiscovered gems out there, size of the place is just daunting, our road trip last year just scratched the surface, I got pics of all sorts of motors, but not one English Ford!!!!

I got my car today, just going through a few things and will get some pictures on in next few days but I do need some parts would you know where to get a carb gasket kit as it’s leaking ,not the twin choke Webber..and coolant hoses, 

thanks.

Alan

On 8/3/2020 at 8:23 PM, gatewright said:

I got my car today, just going through a few things and will get some pictures on in next few days but I do need some parts would you know where to get a carb gasket kit as it’s leaking ,not the twin choke Webber..and coolant hoses, 

thanks.

Alan

I bought a kit for mine off eBay.

It may also be worth checking with the MK2 owners club.

Just finished a service, all oils changed including gearbox a d diff. Drives really well, no rust and hs a service book showing the body rust protection carried out every few years in finland

20200828_132839.jpg

Wow that look a stunningly straight car, is that the original paint? We deffo need more pictures of it.:icecream: