Sign in to follow this  
waltermk3

Should I sell my MK3?

Hi. I've had my Cortina 1600GT for 8 years now and it's not getting much use. I know we are all limited for traveling at the moment but any chance do get I'm out in the MX5. So I have been pondering whether or not to move it on. If I do sell what sort of money should I be expecting? I thought of the site carandclassic which look at every day, or ther's ebay or an auction. What do member think?

IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6176.JPG

IMG_5631a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks sweet. Also the colour that mine should be, I think (mines painted in some unknown shade of red). Hold onto it, this plague isn't going to last for ever and you'll be sorry once it's gone and you probably won't find another as nice unless you by a car from Pete. :laugh: I regret selling my Mk1 Fiesta but at the time I was in the middle of a house move which in the end didn't happen.

That's very thought provoking thought as it is a lovely looking car. On the other hand I have had other lovely cars which have come and gone and I would like to have a tinker again. If I do sell I'm unsure what price to ask. The Practical Classics guide say £9500 but try and find a GT for that in the real world. There are a couple of stunners on the web at the moment wanting an unbelievable £24k and £19K but open to offers. This is such a spread it's difficult to know where to pitch mine if I go ahead. Maybe an auction would find the true value but I would definitely put a starting price on (ebay) or a reserve at an auction house

Well good luck with whatever you decide to do. :thumbsup:

Well I've bitten the bullet and placed a classified on carandclassic. Possibly a bit optimistic. I bit like a reverse auction as I have put Offers Invited. I'll see what happens