Sign in to follow this  
waltermk3

Cotina 1600 GT MK3 for sale

I have had this lovely GT for 8 years now but it is not seeing much use these days and needs to be enjoyed by a someone else.

The car was stored off the road for 23 years until 2012 when I purchased it off the bloke who had brought it out of storage, spent a lot of time and money on new wings and parts.

Once with me I removed the head and renewed the worn cam shaft (Pinto Engine), replaced the oil spray bar and fitted a new cam belt. Whilst the head was off I had hardened valve seats fitted.

It has electronic ignition and 5 speed Type 9 gearbox fitted. I fitted inertia seat belts front and rear

I renewed the GT freeflow exhaust manifold with a replacement made by John Ashley and had it aluminised. The exhaust from there back was replaced by a Longlife stainless system.

The vinyl roof had been replaced by the previous owner but I was not happy with some bubbling. I had it done again by a professional auto trimmer. Front and rear windscreens come out for this. I located the correct Ford vinyl with which to have the job done and it is much admired.

The mileage quoted is what is showing on the odometer and is not guaranteed.

There is no rust to the best of my knowledge and just look at the photos for condition

I checked what price these were going for and was shocked to see 3 GT's varying between £19k and £24K. I thought, no way. I have put on that classified £17 and open to offers but I will take a more realistic offer from forum members

IMG_4587a.jpg

IMG_6172.JPG

IMG_6181.JPG

IMG_5011a.jpg

IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6174.JPG

2 hours ago, waltermk3 said:

I have had this lovely GT for 8 years now but it is not seeing much use these days and needs to be enjoyed by a someone else.

The car was stored off the road for 23 years until 2012 when I purchased it off the bloke who had brought it out of storage, spent a lot of time and money on new wings and parts.

Once with me I removed the head and renewed the worn cam shaft (Pinto Engine), replaced the oil spray bar and fitted a new cam belt. Whilst the head was off I had hardened valve seats fitted.

It has electronic ignition and 5 speed Type 9 gearbox fitted. I fitted inertia seat belts front and rear

I renewed the GT freeflow exhaust manifold with a replacement made by John Ashley and had it aluminised. The exhaust from there back was replaced by a Longlife stainless system.

The vinyl roof had been replaced by the previous owner but I was not happy with some bubbling. I had it done again by a professional auto trimmer. Front and rear windscreens come out for this. I located the correct Ford vinyl with which to have the job done and it is much admired.

The mileage quoted is what is showing on the odometer and is not guaranteed.

There is no rust to the best of my knowledge and just look at the photos for condition

I checked what price these were going for and was shocked to see 3 GT's varying between £19k and £24K. I thought, no way. I have put on that classified £17 and open to offers but I will take a more realistic offer from forum members

IMG_4587a.jpg

V nice , £17  Yes please :icecream:

Good luck with the  sale

Thanks for your wishes. What a difference a K makes. OK to O!. A thousand times different, but I hope members will understand

• Like 1