Sign in to follow this  
Donncha

MK3 2000E seat material required

Hi Folks,

Looking for some seat material for a mk3 2000E, if anyone could point me in the direction to where i could get some to match in, it 's has a beige interior.

similar to the photo below.

Thanks denis.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 20.45.35.png

Isn't it easy Kent who do door cards in beige for the E they must be able to get it.

23 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Isn't it easy Kent who do door cards in beige for the E they must be able to get it.

Hi Craig,

Easy kent.

Thanks will check them out.

It's for a chap local to me here.

Denis.

About 6 years ago i hunted high and low for this material without success :-(  Even visited loads of old mills in Bradford to see if they had similar material, had loads of contacts but nothing came back. The nearest they found was a narrow pinstripe Bedford cord.

In the end i managed to get hold of some old beyond repair seat covers and salvaged bits of material off them and a good old school car trimmers to stitch them in.

Cheers, Paul

Looked at the Kent trimmers, looking close up their door cards look like vinyl on the upper section ( i maybe wrong, just zoomed in very close)

Edited by Lagermaster

I did the very same for my olive green seats, found some on ebay  in rough condition and the seller stripped them down and sent me over the material and a local chap did the matching in  to my own, great workmanship.