Sign in to follow this  
D-FENS

Correct battery for Essex engine

I need a new battery for my mk2 which is currently fitted with a 3 litre v6 Essex engine . The battery in it now is a 072 model is this the right one . Just wanted to check first before buying one as they are not cheap .

Go for the biggest one that will fit your battery tray, or is your battery in the boot, and go with the highest cranking ampage, Eurocarparts often have a good offer for Exide batteries.

I take it you aren't still on flat terminals, they are normally more money than round terminal batteries. 

Yes battery is in the boot and round terminals . Mate at work has a Halford trade card and they have two 072 batteries listed . One is their own make guaranteed for 3 years and a Yuasa which is guaranteed for 5 years . Yuasa one higher amps and approximately 50,000 starts as opposed to Halfords 30,000 starts . 

I'd go with the Yuasa. The main thing is using it or keeping it trickle charged or l have a solar panel that l charge some of my batteries with, just had a £100.00 Exide battery fail on my daughter's T4, luckily 3 year guartantee, so free replacement.

High street is always better than internet IMO.

Just purchased a Yuasa battery from Halfords for a motorbike, wouldn't crank the bike over, went to main stealer, £5.00 more than Halfords and he reckoned the Halfords one was counterfeit and he said it was a weight thing!!!

Edited by GhiaMk4/5

usually find http://www.carparts4ess.co.uk ok for batteries

I bought one during lockdown & unfortunately it was damaged by the courier, I contacted them & they sent a new one out via eurocarparts the same afternoon

Same company, sometimes different prices.