Sign in to follow this  
Captain Scarlet

MK3 V6 ? old footage

I guess it has been seen before ,but I was watching a short programme on talking pictures TV ch81 freeview called The Motor Car,when a short clip of a Mk3 appeared ,it was being tested for emissions by Ford on a rolling road.

Here is a still of it taken on my TV, does anyone know the car or the story of it ?

I would try and film it off my TV but i guess the file size would be too big.

tp81small.jpg

DVLA says Details could not be found. Also, I can't find it on Virgin catchup, channel 445 Talking Pictures. Is that the correct channel?

edit: Yes, you've already said that. :blush: What day was it on 'cos I've gone back to last Wednesday and can't find it.

edit2: I've just been looking into the channel. It's a Father and Daughter setup all done from the garden shed, I kid you not. Mostly showing old forgotten B+W films from the Fathers' own collection.

Edited by Beeper

7 hours ago, Captain Scarlet said:

I would try and film it off my TV but i guess the file size would be too big.

tp81small.jpg

You'd have to upload it to youtube & then link to it

Not seen that before, missed that saw it in listing.

Great channel shows some great programmes.

Hi beeper,it was on 10th December 8.50 -9.00 pm,the full title was The Motor Car 1960s -1970s,not that good a programme really ,apart from the Cortina :smile:,it was more about pollution and emissions even back then, the programmes get repeated so it will come around again.

I didn’t realise how relatively amateur the Chanel was produced ,well done to them.

i too did a vehicle search on the car and I obviously got the same results.

Thanks Neil,I have never uploaded to you tube ,I guess I could try it,could I get into copyright problems there ?,I would only do the mk3 clip.

Hi Craig,(it is Craig isn’t it ?:smile:) yeah they do have some good films on there,have you seen ‘Serves You Right’ ,if you like 30’s Fords it’s a much watch,it’s a programme set around Ford dealer servicing at that time promoting an efficient Ford way of servicing and away from the grubby overall local garage style of servicing,it’s done in a comedic style ,coming up again on 18th December 7.40-8.10.am

am I right in thinking it was a v6,the bonnet scoop didn’t look quite right to me,I know a bit on the V6 mk3’s but i can’t claim to be an expert,the car appeared to be new.

About 'Talking Pictures TV'.

Thats brilliant ,i had no idea it was like that, nice to know and i can appreciate the channel more ,thanks for posting :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Agreed that is amazing.  Thank you

• Like 1

Yep that's me, the bonnet looks bit home made probably something knocked up just for that job rather than V6 it may be ohc with smog pump ( mounted off the head) etc as per the north American market.

I've seen photos of an ohc ( not a Lima ohc) with various smog equipment,the 4 cyl parts books show the ohv stuff, can't remember if it shows for this too.

Yes I've seen that one & quite a few of the similar type of stuff they show .

14 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Yep that's me, the bonnet looks bit home made probably something knocked up just for that job rather than V6 it may be ohc with smog pump ( mounted off the head) etc as per the north American market.

I've seen photos of an ohc ( not a Lima ohc) with various smog equipment,the 4 cyl parts books show the ohv stuff, can't remember if it shows for this too.

Yes I've seen that one & quite a few of the similar type of stuff they show .

That is sounds most likely  Craig,as as it was a Ford department doing emission tests on a rolling road ,i bet that GT was used for a few guinea  pig tests before becoming an  unwanted or cheap knockdown price car ,or even scraped by Ford,a bad start in life for that one, along with the rust worm its no wonder it no longer exists.