peakrock

Mk3/4/5 Front Crossmember + Suspension wanted

I've just removed the Cortina based front suspension assembly out of my kit car and found that it's in a really bad state. The crossmember is rusted through by the N/S lower wishbone mount and everything else is so badly seized or rusted it's not worth the effort of rebuilding. Ideally, I'd like to find another sound crossmember with suspension that's worth stripping down and rebuilding or a good one that's ready to go on the car. It doesn't matter if it's a MK3, MK4 or a MK5 . My front hubs/discs/calipers are ok, as is the rack so it doesn't necessarily need to have those. Thanks

Sorry can't help with the front clip but would like to see photos of the car.  Should be a good looking 1930's style car if I remember right

By a stroke of luck someone put me onto a sound MK3 front subframe with suspension that was rebuilt some time ago for another type of kit car. It never got registered so most of the ball joints etc are as new. My kit car is a Madison and uses mostly Cortina running gear - small pic for those that are interested. Thanks

In-workshop.jpg

• Like 1

^^^

Edited by J2S
Didn’t read above probably

^^^

Edited by J2S

Looks nice.  Glad you found the necessary replacement.

Thought some of you guys might be interested in the front subframe I got off eBay and rebuilt just before I put it into the Madison kit car. It was in really good condition, just had to strip it down to check all was ok and also fitted new springs and Gaz adjustable shocks, Goodridge brake hoses and Powerflex tie bar bushes. I also painted most of the components for extra protection so there was some elbow grease involved...!

Newsubframe2s.jpg