KELLTINA

Windscreen seal urgent

Has anyone got a mk5 saloon windscreen seal. Need urgently. Cash waiting. Would prefer nos but anything considered. 

Beware there are two size screens/rubbers for saloon & must be a matched pair!

15 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Beware there are two size screens/rubbers for saloon & must be a matched pair!

Yes Sheff I'm aware mk3/4 and estates won't fit mk5 saloon. Do you have anything Sheff? 

Craig's the expert here but I've always understood that there are two different sizes of Mk5 saloon windscreen glass which need a wider or narrower rubber surround so they fit the same sized opening in the car body, I think that's what he means above   Hopefully he'll will pop by to confirm.

Assuming that's right - you're looking not only for a fairly hard to find screen rubber but the right sized one for your glass! (sorry)

Separately the Mk5 estate uses the Mk4 screen

2 hours ago, dgo said:

Craig's the expert here but I've always understood that there are two different sizes of Mk5 saloon windscreen glass which need a wider or narrower rubber surround so they fit the same sized opening in the car body, I think that's what he means above   Hopefully he'll will pop by to confirm.

Assuming that's right - you're looking not only for a fairly hard to find screen rubber but the right sized one for your glass! (sorry)

Separately the Mk5 estate uses the Mk4 screen

I knew that the mk5 estate and saloon front and side windows were different. However I never knew there were 2 different mk5 saloon apertures. 

Sorry should've been clearer there's 2 mk5 saloon sizes (aperture is same size but screen/rubber are different & must be a matched pair, its essentially UK triplex, European securit marked on glass)while Mk5 estate uses same one as all mk3-4's.

It should be in the parts interchange list top of tech section.

20 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Sorry should've been clearer there's 2 mk5 saloon sizes (aperture is same size but screen/rubber are different & must be a matched pair, its essentially UK triplex, European securit marked on glass)while Mk5 estate uses same one as all mk3-4's.

It should be in the parts interchange list top of tech section.

Cheers Sheff