jonny.k

Registering as Historic tax exempt/

After reading and posting on here last year about my W reg 1980 built and January 1981 registered Mk5 Cortina i waited till April 2021 to tax it (tax exempt) and get the post office send the log book off with a form notifying them it's also mot exempt, i thought it would be simple as i had no problems with my Mk3 when i did that. I tried 2 post offices and both said they couldn't do anything as it wasn't showing on their computers as Historic vehicle, even though i told them that they have to fill the log book in to change it to historic vehicle and send it off. am i doing it wrong or do i have to tax it for a month first at full rate and then send the log book off to get the taxation class altered?

No they just don't have a clue.

Just fill logbook in with  the change of taxation class to historic  instead of plg send it off not exemption is automatic & is nothing to do with DVLA ( it's vosa) you basically tell no one!.

Once it's on DVLA as historic you just tax as normal proof of insurance no payment etc.