Sign in to follow this  
brian c

MK1 N/S Rear Chassis Rail/Leg

Hi i'm after a N/S (L/H, Passenger side) rear chassis leg/rail for a MK1 cortina.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Lotuscops said:

I think Dale is selling some.

Thanks Keith :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Lotuscops said:

Is a good used one OK?

If it's solid Keith, the one on my car is solid but a bit twisted. Is it full length from jacking point to rear valance ?

Actually i'm begining to wonder if mine can be repaired, Picture shows the chassis rail compared to the straight one on the drivers side, top arrow shows a kink and the bottom arrows show how the bottom of the chassis rail has been twisted across towards the right

chassis 1 Damage.jpg

usually when chassis legs are bent in this way its because its had a bump on  the end of the chassis leg at the back and if you try to fit a new section it won't fit because the boot floor will be bent as well and the profile of the chassis will now be different to the floor unless you give it a pull, it won't be apparent to the naked eye but it will be there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, henry320 said:

usually when chassis legs are bent in this way its because its had a bump on  the end of the chassis leg at the back and if you try to fit a new section it won't fit because the boot floor will be bent as well and the profile of the chassis will now be different to the floor unless you give it a pull, it won't be apparent to the naked eye but it will be there.

Your right, rear n/s corner took a hit, i have a new (good 2nd hand) n/s rear wing boot floor upper and lower panels going back on. 

13 hours ago, Steve Walton said:

Expressed Panels??

Yes, iv'e looked, around £500 and 8 week lead time.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, brian c said:

If it's solid Keith, the one on my car is solid but a bit twisted. Is it full length from jacking point to rear valance ?

OK take a look as it's on Ebay at the moment. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORTINA-MK1-REAR-CHASSIS-SPRING-HANGER-CHASSIS-SECTION/114758972169?hash=item1ab82af309:g:GGoAAOSwqSlgQUKe

21 hours ago, Lotuscops said:

Yes, saw these but looking for the complete leg from rear valance to rear jacking point. Thanks Keith.

Can I ask how you went with this. I Need the same with a front hanger. A passenger side chassis rail. If it’s not new, it must be straight and rust free but I’d prefer a new one. I am in Sydney but shipping can be organised.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:59 AM, Peter Sydney said:

Can I ask how you went with this. I Need the same with a front hanger. A passenger side chassis rail. If it’s not new, it must be straight and rust free but I’d prefer a new one. I am in Sydney but shipping can be organised.

Going to try and salvage the original, but still got my eye out for a new one