Sign in to follow this  
bugsntinas

Not starting

Not a major problem yet but a bit puzzling. Charged my battery up, not fully, and stuck it on the mk5 to just get her starting but the starter clicked and turned very slowly and that was it. Now I've always had it that if the battery isn't charged enough then the starter just clicked. Is this just a case of charging the battery more or possibly something more serious

Battery not charged enough.

4 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Battery not charged enough.

Had it on charge and it went up to 4 bars(max) turned it off for an hour then put it back on and went to 1 bar. Left it for a while but it's been fizzing like crazy so turned it off again but the fizzing has been going on for at least an hour since so maybe it's knackered :(

I'd say the battery was .ged. I got it off a mk2 transit about 11 years ago. Charged another battery and no joy at first so charged a bit more and after a lot of turning she popped into life. A slow put put first getting faster then roared into life not bad considering she's been standing for nearly a year untouched. 

I find that when I haven't used mine for a while,the dash electrics don't come on. But when I give it a few goes,the dash electrics come on and it'll fire up eventually. I suspect it's the 12v cable aging.

• Like 1