KELLTINA

Urgent! Cortina mk5 spotlamps

Have to check but think there same style as cortina

11 hours ago, martog said:

Does anybody think that mk2 Granada top spotlight brackets are the same as Cortina? I only ask as I'm sure my brackets came from a Granada and there is a white estate being broken for spares on ebay at the moment. Sorry I can't do the linkyclickythingy, item number 373667011113.

Might be worth sending them a message to see if they could get the brackets off (intact hopefully) for a look. 

from what i remember are Granada ones different.

Does anybody think that mk2 Granada top spotlight brackets are the same as Cortina? I only ask as I'm sure my brackets came from a Granada and there is a white estate being broken for spares on ebay at the moment. Sorry I can't do the linkyclickythingy, item number 373667011113.

Might be worth sending them a message to see if they could get the brackets off (intact hopefully) for a look. 

I’ve got a feeling Granada are different 

Got a pair of Lucas spots, see the other wanted thread below on mk5 brackets. 

50 minutes ago, AndrewGT said:

HI Andy. Can you or anyone confirm if any drilling is involved with fitting the genuine Ford brackets? I've just had my car restored and want to swerve any drilling. My car has never had spots fitted before so using Craig's words, it will have some dimples somewhere. 

Hi,

You should find 2 dimples 4.5" from the inner edge of the lights. The 2 dimples together will be underneath the bottom frow of your grill the single dimple will be in the vertical face of your front panel underneath the 2 dimples.

There is also a Factory fitted wire to feed the spots It runs in the loom behind the battery and if memory serves me right it is a beefy wire with a female end on it.

Cheers

Steve

19 minutes ago, Steve Walton said:

Hi,

You should find 2 dimples 4.5" from the inner edge of the lights. The 2 dimples together will be underneath the bottom frow of your grill the single dimple will be in the vertical face of your front panel underneath the 2 dimples.

There is also a Factory fitted wire to feed the spots It runs in the loom behind the battery and if memory serves me right it is a beefy wire with a female end on it.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve. I'm assuming the grill will have to come off, what about the bumper? And anything else. Sorry if you have answered this question but is there any drilling required? Do them dimples denote where to drill. Sorry for being stupid, last time I fitted spots to a cortina I drilled the chrome bumper and slotted in a couple of cibie Oscar's. 

Screenshot_20210827-161715.jpg

yes you have to drill. here is an example from the MK4, but if i recall correct, the drilling points are the same, though the bracket is different. so this is just a hint as it´s for MK4.

IMG_3457.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

2 hours ago, KELLTINA said:

Cheers Steve. I'm assuming the grill will have to come off, what about the bumper? And anything else. Sorry if you have answered this question but is there any drilling required? Do them dimples denote where to drill. Sorry for being stupid, last time I fitted spots to a cortina I drilled the chrome bumper and slotted in a couple of cibie Oscar's. 

Screenshot_20210827-161715.jpg

HI KELLTINA,

Yes the dimples denote where you need to drill the holes. Small hole first then open up to the required size. Yes Grill out and Bumper off. If you look at the dimples and the brackets it is self explanatry. When I got my MK5 it had brackets fastened to the bumper and a pair of 30 bob spotlamps fitted. Put a bit of primer in the holes to keep the old rust at bay.

Cheers

Steve

5 hours ago, AndrewGT said:

Andy, I'm sure the mk4 Clamps are shorter as they need less clearance from the flatter grill. They probably would suffice if paired up with some super slim spotties.