Urgent! Cortina mk5 spotlamps

3 hours ago, consul315 said:

maybe this is better readable:

IMG_3458.1.jpg

IMG_7769.JPG

Cheers Consul. 

59 minutes ago, Steve Walton said:

HI KELLTINA,

Yes the dimples denote where you need to drill the holes. Small hole first then open up to the required size. Yes Grill out and Bumper off. If you look at the dimples and the brackets it is self explanatry. When I got my MK5 it had brackets fastened to the bumper and a pair of 30 bob spotlamps fitted. Put a bit of primer in the holes to keep the old rust at bay.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve. 

On 8/24/2021 at 10:03 PM, KELLTINA said:

Hi guys. I won some brackets off ebay and would like to put some better lamps on. Have you got any in good nick? 

I do hope these brackets fit a mk5, what do you think? Mike

Screenshot_20210824-213339.jpg

Looks like these brackets are for a Ford Fiesta XR2.

Brand new boxed set just sold on the bay of E a couple of minutes ago for £54.

20210827_210007.jpg

I'd clean them up and give them a nice coat of satin black and sell them on. You might get 20-30 quid.

I've sold the brackets, still have the slim Lucas spots if anyone is interested?? 

19 minutes ago, martog said:

I'd clean them up and give them a nice coat of satin black and sell them on. You might get 20-30 quid.

Thank you Martog. Very interesting. Yes they arrived yesterday, haven't even opened the box yet. You have given me hope of selling them on after giving them the Ed China treatment lol

Would you say mk2 XR2? 

2 minutes ago, KELLTINA said:

Thank you Martog. Very interesting. Yes they arrived yesterday, haven't even opened the box yet. You have given me hope of selling them on after giving them the Ed China treatment lol

Would you say mk2 XR2? 

Yes, should have put it in my previous post above. Mk2 XR2. There were 11 bids all together so there is interest in these parts.

29 minutes ago, martog said:

HI bud, I've just emailed the seller on ebay for a refund as they were wrongly advertised. He does accept refunds within 14 days. I await their reply. 

2 minutes ago, KELLTINA said:

HI bud, I've just emailed the seller on ebay for a refund as they were wrongly advertised. He does accept refunds within 14 days. I await their reply. 

Sorted fella. At least you'll get your full amount of money back and the seller can re-advertise them as for what they should be.

:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, martog said:

Sorted fella. At least you'll get your full amount of money back and the seller can re-advertise them as for what they should be.

:thumbsup:

How should this return pan out? I paid 31 pound plus 10 pound postage. Do I return them at a loss as I will have to pay return postage? I ask because I've never had to return a ebay item. 

5 minutes ago, KELLTINA said:

How should this return pan out? I paid 31 pound plus 10 pound postage. Do I return them at a loss as I will have to pay return postage? I ask because I've never had to return a ebay item. 

Yes plenty of bids /interest. But deffo not for Cortina. 

Screenshot_20210827-220801.jpg