johnny boy

Taunus p4 question

That's what I thought, there is one on eBay at the moment , and it has a rear axle like a Mk1 Cortina.

Have a look.

well i think he´s mixed up some pics, as the P4 seems to have the genuine rear wheel with the correct hubcap and no winter tyres as shown in the axle pic.:unsure:

Also has a Corsair and MK2 Cortina for sale.

Very few words on description.

😳

Just in case the listing disappears, the Corsair is a LHD 1964 model Deluxe two-door in white, with a red interior, and what looks like the GT engine. The interior seems fairly good except for the rotten black carpet, but these began to turn brown as soon as the cars left the showroom so it's to be expected.

Edited by SusanButcher

1 hour ago, SusanButcher said:

Just in case the listing disappears, the Corsair is a LHD 1964 model Deluxe two-door in white, with a red interior, and what looks like the GT engine. The interior seems fairly good except for the rotten black carpet, but these began to turn brown as soon as the cars left the showroom so it's to be expected.

Looks like it's one for you 😜

How is Australia's laws for lhd cars?

6 hours ago, SusanButcher said:

Just in case the listing disappears, the Corsair is a LHD 1964 model Deluxe two-door in white, with a red interior, and what looks like the GT engine.

sounds like a Corsair "S" then, it had Deluxe trim/instruments and GT engine.

17 hours ago, johnny boy said:

Looks like it's one for you 😜

How is Australia's laws for lhd cars?

LHD is no problem if the car's over thirty years old. But I've already got a Corsair 1500 GT, the Italian version with LHD. No room (or money) for another one!

12 hours ago, consul315 said:

sounds like a Corsair "S" then, it had Deluxe trim/instruments and GT engine.

That's how they were named in Austria, and as the Corsair "83" in South Africa if I remember correctly. I can't read all of the chassis number on the strut top, but it ends in "GT". I suppose these cars were otherwise numbered like 1500 Deluxes.

Edited by SusanButcher

29 minutes ago, SusanButcher said:

LHD is no problem if the car's over thirty years old. But I've already got a Corsair 1500 GT, the Italian version with LHD. No room (or money) for another one!

I imported a Holden Commodore SS Ute 5 years ago from Melbourne. It cost about £1600 to get it here in the UK , and took 3 months to get here. It was actually cheaper to import from Australia, than cars I have imported from the USA.  

3 hours ago, SusanButcher said:

That's how they were named in Austria, and as the Corsair "83" in South Africa if I remember correctly. I can't read all of the chassis number on the strut top, but it ends in "GT". I suppose these cars were otherwise numbered like 1500 Deluxes.

IMG_3552.JPG