Sign in to follow this  
Chrisdevon

heater problems mk5

Problems getting hot air from the blowers, the hot - cold slider was very stiff but seems to be moving the heater lever. Looking at the photo here (from under the glove box area) the cable pushes the lever for hot, photo is as far as mine goes for hot, either by the control lever or by using pliers on lever in photo, can anyone check theirs please and let me know if this is about right. 

I have also drained and flushed through the heater matrix. Water pipes in and out of heater get hot, though (out) not as hot.

Any advice or ideas please, 

temp flap.jpg

Make sure the seals on both sides of bulkhead (for the air distribution box pictured) are good, same for ones round heater matrix to box.

The cable can become stiff/ rusty due to years of condentation best method with these seems to be remove & submerge in oil over night.

Check the flap is closing fully in the heater housing when you operate the controls. The flap original had some foam backing that perishes and can stop full movement/seal. 
As Craig says as above and also check cable run from heater control to the bit in your photo. Mine had become stiff