Sign in to follow this  
G.O

Cortinas to Cortina 2022

Hello all.

Planning work is well under way for a road run to Cortina d'Ampezzo in celebration of the 60th anniversary of the Ford Cortina.

Covid allowing, our adventure will set of once again from the private Ford Heritage Collection at Dagenham on Friday 2nd September 2022 before heading for Harwich for the overnight ferry to Hook of Holland where we will then travel southwards through Germany, across Austria and into Italy a week later.  After spending the weekend in Cortina d'Ampezzo we first head westwards to Lake Garda for a couple of nights and then onwards to Turin before heading for the home run via Lake Geneva, Dijon and then through the Champagne region to Calais for the ferry back to Dover on Sunday 18th September.  Its going to be a very different trip to 2012 and we have some great places to visit along the way that should include the Ford Heritage Collection in Cologne and the old Fiat roof top test track as seen in the original Italian Job.

If you would like to join us please contact us at  cortinastocortina2022@gmail.com

C2C2022RouteOverview.jpg

Edited by G.O

I won't make the full 16 day excursion but will plan on getting to Cortina for the weekend of Sat 10th/Sun 11th Sept.   

If there's anyone else here looking to do similar then maybe we could ad a list here of who is able to do the whole trip and those who will meet up in Cortina ?

I'd like to do the "big trip" but due to work/holidays/wife(!) I think it won't happen.

• Like 1

My Brother and I plan to be there again next year but we will be taking the Mk. 3 this time, it last did the trip in 2002 so it's had a good rest!

• Like 1