footybatmobileman

Thinking of Selling a Number of Cortinas

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all staying safe and well.

I am thinking of some changes in my life and that will need to involve parting with a few things.

Before I ask I know not easy to answer what something may or may not be worth as all very subjective and one of opinions, but I am happy to listen to others thoughts.

So I have a number of Cortinas and will list what am considering parting with.

1. A 1963 Lotus Cortina Crayford Convertible (Genuine as confirmed by the Register) that has been in storage for a while and will need various work due to this.

2. A 1967 Cortina Lotus Crayford Convertible (Genuine) again been in storage a number of years needing various work.

3. A 1970 Cortina 1600E Mexico 1970 World Cup Players Car (P Osgood) again been in storage, needing light recommissioning.

4. A 1977 Cortina Mk4 2.0 S again has been in storage for a number of years.

5. A 1978 Cortina Mk4 2.3 S again has been in storage for a number of years.

I know difficult to place values on from a brief description, but any thoughts as say will be welcome.

Kind regards in advance of any replies.

Is that the Lotus Cortina Register authenticated the Crayford Mk1 as I was always lead t o believe they never made one as this  was allegedly a replica from years ago

Crayford topless.jpg

Hello,

Yes the Lotus Cortina Register confirmed as Genuine and at the time of doing so said 2 were made, but never been seen, but mine def one of the two .

Regards.

wow good luck :thumbsup:

Edited by TIB3300

I'm don't think I could value them. But If I was in your possition, I would put them to auction , with somone like Mathewsons  Classic Car Auctions in North Yorkshire – Mathewsons – Classic Car Auctions in North Yorkshire

They would get the market value, good or bad.

Edited by johnny boy
bad speeeling

Have you any pics of the MkII Lotus Crayford?

I read somewhere that a collector had 3 of the GWC Cortinas.

And that included PO one.

so do you have all 3..

On 10/2/2021 at 5:16 AM, footybatmobileman said:

Hello,

Yes the Lotus Cortina Register confirmed as Genuine and at the time of doing so said 2 were made, but never been seen, but mine def one of the two .

Regards.

Is this the TJH reg car that was owned for years by a pub landlord and taken off road after a minor collision. It’s thought to be a customer converted Crayford and not done when new? 

I feel the opportunity of a long time (lifetime) knocking here. Without seeing the cars a blind guess is all I could offer and somehow, I don't think that's the right thing to do. :wine: