jezadude

1972 GXL interior Clock

Hello,

Can anybody please recommend a company that will be able to mend my interior clock (for the GXL) which does work but has the habit of keep stopping, so every time l get back into the car (the next day) l have to move the hand slightly to get it going again, and when it is working it does lose time as well which is annoying.

Would love some feedback.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jeremy

Edited by jezadude

I've used Speedy Cables (Link) though that was quite a few years ago.  Might be worth calling them

You & every other owner of a preface lift clock lol.

Mine seems to tick reliably, but that is the only positive thing I can say about it.
It's about as accurate as my darts playing ability if I was playing blindfolded on a windy day on a 200 yard long oche.

I think there is a recessed adjustment screw on the back which adds some resistance to the mechanism and can speed it up or slow it down.
Maybe yours has been set over tightened, which might explain why it runs slow and keeps stopping?

Yes there's an adjustment screw on the rear, I've looked on & off over the years to see if a more modern mechanism could be fitted but the adjustment knob location is the problem. With no luck.

19 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Yes there's an adjustment screw on the rear, I've looked on & off over the years to see if a more modern mechanism could be fitted but the adjustment knob location is the problem. With no luck.

Dropping a nice modern quartz one in would be a perfect solution.  Shame there aren't modern ones that fit.