johnny boy

Mk1 headlight bezels

Can someone help me  🙄

It was some time ago that I stripped down my 1965 Mk1 Cortina, and I can't remember what holds the headlight bezels in place, other than the screws at the bottom, there must have been some type of clip at the top, to hold the top in.

Has anyone got a picture or describe them , do I know what I looking for in my box of bits 🤔thanks Johnny

3 hours ago, Lotuscops said:

Here they are on MK1 OC site HT52K_Headlamp.jpg

Thanks Keith,

I have lapsed my membership of the club. I have become disillusioned with the club spares, when I asked questions about parts I was ordering ect, I never got a reply, even when sending twice.

I found some on Ebay in the end and ordered them.

Its a shame, as I have bought lots of parts from the club shop, and that always works well , and gets sent quick.

I just had no joy emailing Bob , and getting a response.

17 hours ago, johnny boy said:

Thanks Keith,

I have lapsed my membership of the club. I have become disillusioned with the club spares, when I asked questions about parts I was ordering ect, I never got a reply, even when sending twice.

I found some on Ebay in the end and ordered them.

Its a shame, as I have bought lots of parts from the club shop, and that always works well , and gets sent quick.

I just had no joy emailing Bob , and getting a response.

To be fair to Bob; he does have a full time job too so can't really pay enough attention to everything, so hits the main requirement of sending out parts to keep the cars going. I have offered help where I see gaps in the service offering but nothing followed up yet. I would like to see the parts database updated with proper pics & have a quality control process going for reproduction parts. Saying that I always get a fast response from Bob - probably as I have history. 

I found it quite infuriating, not getting responses for my emails, that said I have not had any problems with club ordered online parts, if no questions needed asking.

I understand the fact he has a full time job , and does the spares department in his own time, but I still need confirmation, or information on parts I wanted to order.

It good you volunteered to help out, I know clubs are run by a few very dedicated people, and the rest don't help, it must be frustrating for the few.

What happened to the club forum ?

Facebook frustrates me 😒

Rant over , I expect I'll rejoin.🙄

26 minutes ago, johnny boy said:

Thats it...............................I've rejoined :biggrin:

just out of interest, did you get a new membership nr?

I don't think so , I rejoined online, it ran out in December, so I'm guessing it just renewed, rather than new member.

I'll see what transpires 🙂

On 1/6/2022 at 11:58 AM, johnny boy said:

I found it quite infuriating, not getting responses for my emails, that said I have not had any problems with club ordered online parts, if no questions needed asking.

I understand the fact he has a full time job , and does the spares department in his own time, but I still need confirmation, or information on parts I wanted to order.

It good you volunteered to help out, I know clubs are run by a few very dedicated people, and the rest don't help, it must be frustrating for the few.

What happened to the club forum ?

Facebook frustrates me 😒

Rant over , I expect I'll rejoin.🙄

It was a shame the old forum died in favour of Facebook s it's not a great repository of past subject matter for reference down the line. It frustrates everyone I expect as it's so clunky to use.

19 hours ago, johnny boy said:

Thats it...............................I've rejoined :biggrin:

You know it makes sense Rodney! 

18 hours ago, johnny boy said:

I don't think so , I rejoined online, it ran out in December, so I'm guessing it just renewed, rather than new member.

I'll see what transpires 🙂

Keep on top of it as it's a manual process getting access to the various parts of the club. The expectation is that you click the button & it is in place.

I need to order some parts for my refit , rather from the club than eBay, but I can't access the parts from the club until I'm cleared for renewal I guess.

Any Idea how long that will take ?

2 hours ago, johnny boy said:

I need to order some parts for my refit , rather from the club than eBay, but I can't access the parts from the club until I'm cleared for renewal I guess.

Any Idea how long that will take ?

Drop an email to cortinamk1membership @gmail.com