GhiaMk4/5

MK1 Cortina with Capri Mklll front suspension

Quite possibly the case as rear axle on Mk1 Capri is 50inch but 52inch for later mk2 and 3 but dont now about the crossmember.

On 7/19/2022 at 10:19 AM, mk2sav said:

Quite possibly the case as rear axle on Mk1 Capri is 50inch but 52inch for later mk2 and 3 but dont now about the crossmember.

They use the same bottom arms, so maybe that's it, mk1 crossmember works, later too wide.

I'd like to know, because, I'm saying from experience  they don't fit, and others say they do.

Definitive answer is are the mk1 and mk 2,3 different.😳

Hopefully I'll have the answer very soon, I'll shall keep you updated.

Many, many thanks to Colr6, great knowledgeable person, with an excellent Mkl GT cosworth, with 100% a Capri Mklll front cross member underneath his car, that handles extremely well and is a credit to his engineering skills and experience.

Plenty of pictures were taken and Colin even jacked his car up and removed a front wheel to share his fitment of the Mklll cross member.

I will be sticking with what I have got, as its just a case of setting it all up.

Once again, many thanks Colin, and to your wife, hopefully see you again in the future, regards, Tony.

• Thanks 1

Pleasure to meet you Tony, glad I was of some help for you. Anything else you need drop me a line and will see what I can do.

Colin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

Many, many thanks to Colr6, great knowledgeable person, with an excellent Mkl GT cosworth, with 100% a Capri Mklll front cross member underneath his car, that handles extremely well and is a credit to his engineering skills and experience.

Plenty of pictures were taken and Colin even jacked his car up and removed a front wheel to share his fitment of the Mklll cross member.

I will be sticking with what I have got, as its just a case of setting it all up.

Once again, many thanks Colin, and to your wife, hopefully see you again in the future, regards, Tony.

Its great that you were able to have a first hand experience of how it can be done. You should have all the information needed now. 

Edited by johnny boy

johnny boy, I knew mine was nearly there, I just needed someone with more knowledge than me, I hold my hand up when I'm stuck in a corner, Colr6, has been there, done that, got the t shirt and is a very decent bloke to cap it all, Yorkshire engineering at its finest, if anyone's interested, I'll share my suspension set up when I'm going through it and how I do it.

Nothing is going to be irreversible, but anything with more HP than standard and a steering set up that works is a plus in my book.

Great, I'd  very very interested, and I'm sure others would be.