Neil.

Attaching pictures to your post

A few people have commented recently that they are struggling to attach a picture to their post.

Hopefully this tutorial will give you an easy painless way of achieving this.

First of all your picture should be a jpg for best results - most digital cameras work with this format.

We need to resize the picture because the file size limit on BSC is 100kb - this is set to achieve the optimum result on screen for most users.

First of all download & install a program called Irfanview from http://www.irfanview.com

This program is free & easy to use.

The tutorial below shows you how to convert multiple images at the same time so to speed up the process if you have more than one picture.

Once you've installed Irfanview, start the program & click on File & select Batch Conversion/Rename

irfanview1.jpg

Highlight the pics you want to conver & select ADD

irfanview_batch_conv.jpg

Change the name of the Output directory to wherever you want to put the pictures

Please make sure this is different to the directory you already have the photos in

e.g. I have entered c:\buysellcortina_pics

irfanview_batch_conv1.jpg

Tick use Advanced options & click on the Set Advanced Options button.

Tick resize, click in Set New Size, type 600 in the Width option & tick preserve aspect ratio & click OK

irfanview_batch_conv2.jpg

Click on Start

irfanview_batch_conv3.jpg

Your pics will now have been resized & should fit on the forum.

When you post on the forum se the browse button to look for the picture on your PC (remembering to select the resized pic not the original) & click on Add This Attachment. You are allowed one attachment per post - if you have more than one you will need to post again for each picture.

Picture attachments will only work in Show Reports & Picture, Members Cortinas, Members Cars & For Sale section of the forum

irfanview_batch_conv4.jpg

Blooby Hell Mate , N happy WATSit By THE waY in CORTINA land :angry:

Edited by Tony Webster

Blooby Hek Mate  , N Happy NewYear By THE way in CORTINA land :(

99960[/snapback]

Right, I've read all that. Got my 30KB jpeg ready. But I don't get a "Browse" box or an "Add this attachment" button.

What am I doing wrong, please?

(I would attach a screenshot of my "NewTopic" window, but...)

Right, I've read all that. Got my 30KB jpeg ready. But I don't get a "Browse" box or an "Add this attachment" button.

127130[/snapback]

I've had to reduce users rights for new members which will encompass some of the members with low post counts - try again now.

127130[/snapback]

I've had to reduce users rights for new members which will encompass some of the members with low post counts - try again now.

127180[/snapback]

Thanks, that works now. :) Wonder what other rights I've lost... should I talk to a lawyer?

Ermmm..................i too have been scratching my head/ banging against a brick wall trying to post pic's :( :) :wub: ..........'til i found/ read this thread.

I know i have not had many posts :blink: but i have just started my mk1 2 door project and was going to start posting pic's ;) ..........please can you also fix it for me?? :wub:

Ermmm..................i too have been scratching my head/ banging against a brick wall trying to post pic's :(  :)  :wub: ..........'til i found/ read this thread.

I know i have not had many posts :blink:  but i have just started my mk1 2 door project and was going to start posting pic's ;) ..........please can you also fix it for me?? :wub:

143529[/snapback]

You've already got full rights

Usually the size of the pic that'll cause problems

Ermmm..................i too have been scratching my head/ banging against a brick wall trying to post pic's :)  :wub:  :wub: ..........'til i found/ read this thread.

I know i have not had many posts :blink:  but i have just started my mk1 2 door project and was going to start posting pic's :lol: ..........please can you also fix it for me?? :bleh:

143529[/snapback]

You've already got full rights

Usually the size of the pic that'll cause problems

143532[/snapback]

well when it comes to 'puters i'm a div' ;) .........but on the screen where you prepare your posts and as i write this there is no "BROWSE" OR "ATTACH" boxes to click on and i'm sure thats how i managed it before. :bleh:

I have managed to fumble my way through reducing the size of pic's so thats sorted it's just getting them from where they are now to where i want to put then.............members cars.

Sorry to be a pain but......... :(

Edited by V8 5.0 efi MK5

Which section are you trying to upload a pic?

Only certain sections allow uploading pics.

Do you get the BROWSE option when posting in FORD CORTINA DISCUSSION?

Which section are you trying to upload a pic?

Only certain sections allow uploading pics.

Do you get the BROWSE option when posting in FORD CORTINA DISCUSSION?

143594[/snapback]

I have tried to upload pic's in members cars, just as others have done and just as i did some time ago but i get no Browse or attachment boxes.

I have had a look at posting in DISCUSSION but thats the same.........??

Is there any way that you could post a copy of the page/screen that i should be seeing???..........just a thought.

Thank you for help so far,

Colin.

You should see a section with File Attachments & a Browse button

attaching_pics.jpg

You should see a section with File Attachments & a Browse button

post-2-1162263000.jpg

143763[/snapback]

YES YES yes, got it, it's there now, did you do something??

Thanks very much for your help.

I'll start putting some pic's on tonight, see if anyone is interested.

Thanks again. :D

Hello.

I've been trying to post some pics in the Show Reports and Pictures section but the File Attachment and Browse button does not appear.

Help!!!

Hello.

I've been trying to post some pics in the Show Reports and Pictures section but the File Attachment and Browse button does not appear.

Help!!!

150596[/snapback]

you need to be have 20 posts or more to do it - it's to stop hackers.

Try again now