batty3636

Help needed getting vin number

Surely motorfactors are able to type your reg into their computer and all your car details including v.i.n. come up for them.

Tommy

Depends Tommy i tried getting an alt for a 52 plate astra and the reg came back as a honda scooter :headscratch:

in fact the last 4 of 11 motors i've had in have come up wronge on the system so it aint that good.

Depends Tommy i tried getting an alt for a 52 plate astra and the reg came back as a honda scooter :headscratch:

in fact the last 4 of 11 motors i've had in have come up wronge on the system so it aint that good.

And the chances of them having details for 60s cars is slim :thumbup:

If it's on the dvla computer, it shouldn't make any difference wheter it ts a 60s car or not. I was able to get on one of these sites via the internet (but the link I used soon got disabled) and was able to get all the details of a 1964 cortina I used to own, that was last on the road in about 1986.

Tommy

Big thanks to Mk2 steve for helping me out with this problem !! the new owner will now be able to apply for is v5 and get on with the restoration !! good ending to the story !!