snowy2

Logging in

Why are some forums protected? is it because you could do it so you did? i mean what are you trying to protect by stopping visitors from looking at "members cars" posts? i understand the limits for posting rights but viewing rights? it just seems such a petty thing. sometimes i just read the posts its not such a hassle to log in to post on rare occasions, but just to read one or two posts?

my computer logs me out almost every visit (every few days) and my mobile does as well please sort it out it is such a pain. i assume its a limit set on your servers as i have checked every option to remember me.

my computer logs me out almost every visit (every few days) and my mobile does as well please sort it out it is such a pain. i assume its a limit set on your servers as i have checked every option to remember me.

Have you checked you ie or security software settings? It maybe these that are cleaning you History file and so removing your login details from your PC.

Have you checked you ie or security software settings? It maybe these that are cleaning you History file and so removing your login details from your PC.

An idea....but i use Firefox that apart but i am active on quite a few car forums and do not suffer similar problems logging on with them....

I use my iphone or firefox on the laptop ,i never have to relog in ? l .Its your cookie settings ,It's Nothing to do with this site bud .

Edited by Mk1Steve

in a couple of years on this forum i've only had to log on twice....

Seems odd that's this forum gives me repeated log ons if i don't return quicker than a few days. even on my phone on which i have left all the default settings since i did a factory reset. i will check my cookie settings.

On my iPhone, I have the proper app that powers bsc. This I good but clips off a lot of detail from the main site.

I don't always go on car forums and surf more adult stuff but my kids use this phone so it is setup a bit like in private browsing on computer. This means I have to keep logging in on phone...

A lot of other forums use a cheaper set up than bsc, this forum is a tad more protected than most others I use...for example we physically check new applicants rather than just send confirmation emails to activate to avoid all the spam kak....