Sign in to follow this  
retropeck

Mk3 GT 2door

Hi all,

the very sad time has come to sell my cortina, with a new business venture and no space i just can't afford to keep her.

It is a 1973 2 door GT, 2.1 pinto with 5 speed box. The car is near mint and absolutly solid, it has been garaged each night for the last 10 years. All black vinyl interior with tombstone front seats, the car is standard apart from having 16" white team dynamic alloys and hydraulic suspension!

The hydraulics were put in by Rayvern who is know for being the best in the UK and was soon after featured in custom car magazine. they give you full controll over front, back, left and right and go right down so that the car sits on its belly and then rises about 10". great fun at traffic lights (or to just embarrass your girlfriend!) Cost of hydros installed is about £2500.

It just sailed through its MOT and i've put 6 months tax on so shes ready to drive away. Alot of money spent on the hydros in the last couple of years. I am looking for offers around £4000, i'm based in haslemere, surrey (near guildford)

Any questions please ask.

Cheers,

Alex.

CortinaGT01.jpg

CortinaGT12.jpg

CortinaGT05.jpg

CortinaGT06.jpg

CortinaGT03.jpg

CortinaGT04.jpg

CortinaGT07.jpg

CortinaGT08.jpg

CortinaGT09.jpg

CortinaGT10.jpg

CortinaGT11.jpg

I REALLY LIKE THAT !!!! BET YOU HAVE A RIGHT CRACK IN THAT !!!!

Nice car, great fun, did you buy this off ebay a couple /three years ago? ;)

Edited by 2000ejon

Love it! :blink:

so do i, ;) :cheers:

i know a young feller who lives in the next bedroom to me who will drool over that.......

hi, cheers for all the feedback, its sooo much fun! it makes driving standard cars just boring. really don't want to sell her but need the cash now (have also got 2 vw kombi vans im having to sell :tears: ) i would perhaps consider a p/x for a cheaper mk3, not too fussed on spec just dont know if i could deal without having one at all...!

yeh i bought it off ebay around 3 1/2 years ago, it had no mot and the hydraulics weren't working, have done a bit of work on it since then including having all the hydraulic system out, cleaning it up and putting it back in and re wired it all. plus fitted accumilators so it now has damping as it was rock solid before (my head used to hit the ceiling over every bump!)

sorry the old alloy 5 spokes went with my old 4 door xl, im not sure if they were but they looked identical to compomotives?...

Good luck with the sale, i think it's pretty dam awsome TBH :tears:

I was close to contacting you about this one, (I also saw it on pistonheads) I remember back when it was on Ebay (with the grainy photo's) but the grief I got off my missus for mentioning that I might want to spend £4k on a corty (even one this nice) was too much of an earache to bare!

I hope the new owner can appreciate it and look after it as much as you did. Did you mention BSC to them?

thanks, i did mention bsc actually as he was looking for bits. his plans are to put back to completely original so it will nice to see once hes finished!