RLH487W

Any other 4 wheel drive cortinas out there?

Hello, Im in the middle of building a 4wd cortina, I want to know if their is any others out there.... I have googled and you-tubed and come up with nothing... Will this be the first?????

Edited by RLH487W

Hello, Im in the middle of building a 4wd cortina, I want to know if their is any others out there.... I have googled and you-tubed and come up with nothing... Will this be the first?????

There is a yellow mk2 with a turbo/supercharged V6 out there somewhere, think it is ooop north that uses xr4 running gear, I have seen pics/vids of it on youtube

Edited by V8IAN

There was a mk1 estate at the Mk1 nationals this year, that was on a xr set up too but the later dohc version.

002-3.jpg

There was a mk1 estate at the Mk1 nationals this year, that was on a xr set up too but the later dohc version.

002-3.jpg

Thats 2 more 4wd cortinas than i knew off an hour ago.....

The one Im building might upset a few ford fanatics - its already got the nick name the Subrina!!!

seen a couple on 4x4 chassis & i know of a mk3 with 4x4 due for rd use when finished but owner keeping it under wraps.

which mk is yours?

And of course there are the 4x4 P100s

i know of a mk3 with 4x4 due for rd use when finished but owner keeping it under wraps.

which mk is yours?

me too , could be the same one? its been a while now since I spoke to him

seen a couple on 4x4 chassis & i know of a mk3 with 4x4 due for rd use when finished but owner keeping it under wraps.

which mk is yours?

its a mk5 with all the running gear from a WRX STI - Still at early stages , all running gear in, inc engine and box and subaru suspension..

which mk is yours?

its a mk5 with all the running gear from a WRX STI - Still at early stages , all running gear in, inc engine and box and subaru suspension..

Stuff the purists mate...I wanna go!!!! :closedeyes:

nice to be first one to do something different im looking at mitsubishi evo 300 bhp into a cortina p100 pickup at moment should be something different!needs to be a one off chassis build though and transmission tunnel is a bit of a headscratcher at mo any ideas would be welcome ive already got all the running gear and had a subframe made for the engine but needs cutting and redoing as it is 30mm out!

sounds awesome...get some pics up :closedeyes:

which mk is yours?

Stuff the purists mate...I wanna go!!!! :closedeyes:

You never know!! Your only the other side of the Tyne and aiming to be finished Jan -

nice to be first one to do something different im looking at mitsubishi evo 300 bhp into a cortina p100 pickup at moment should be something different!needs to be a one off chassis build though and transmission tunnel is a bit of a headscratcher at mo any ideas would be welcome ive already got all the running gear and had a subframe made for the engine but needs cutting and redoing as it is 30mm out!

That sounds even madder- I spent a few weeks measuring and head scratching, once I started cutting it all started to make sense- You might be want to think about trying the way im doing it ---Innerwings, bulkhead, chassislegs from donor car...